Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CG206

Desperately searching for Firehouse Magazine Issue Dec 1983

11 posts in this topic

One of my fellow firefighters and a personal friend is desperately looking to get a copy of the Firehouse Magazine December 1983 issue. This firefighter's father's picture was displayed on the cover of the December 1983 issue. The picture was of a save of a woman at the Windham Hotel in Yonkers performed by Yonkers Fire Lt. Anthony Cerrato. Since this Lt. has past away some time ago, the family is desperately trying to find a copy of this issue to keep for memories. The family is heavily involved in the fire service and is asking for help from his fellow brothers and sisters for the search of this issue. The family will do anything to get this issue!! If anybody can help him out, please contact me with your contact info. On behalf of him and his family, I appreaciate as much help as possible!

CG206,

I went into the vast archives in the attic and pulled out the December 1983 issue. The cover shot is of a Buffalo Chief. Check the date again. I assume it's a Wanstall photo. Is it in one of his books?

Mike

You may also want to try contacting Firehouse Magazine directly, as they have an archive. I believe Firehouse.com has an archive online as well. If it's not Firehouse, maybe Fire Engineering? Yonkers has covers of that too.

Truck 4,

I'll have to look into this further....I do know the photo was taken in 1983 and was on the cover a short time there after....

Hey truck 4 its a picture of a yonkers fire LT making a rescue on an arial at the windham hotel. It was also as you said a tom wanstall photo

I have the Tom K. Wanstall book Titled Fire!at war with the Red Devilpublished in 1989.

I looked through the many Yonkers FD Photos in the book and found only a rescue of a woman by Firefighters and a LT.from an Engine Co. using a window to a Fire Escape and ground ladder.The members are carring her down the ground ladder.

Many other pictures in the book could have Lt. Anthony Cerrato in them,,, If you like to see the book let me Know. :D

also included awsome photos of:

Ardsley Selecto Fire

Westchester Training Center

60 control Radio room in the 1980's

Greenville Ladder 4 Many city of Yonkers FD Rigs

Muster at Kensico Dam in Valhalla.

Much more in the book.

CG206, contact firehouse magizine. I am sure they would be happy

to help you out.

An update to finding this issue: It was definitely Firehouse Magazine, but the picture was captured on the front cover in LATE 1982 (month still unknown)!!! Again, any info on this copy is greatly appreciated!

Gravy-a** - I think that cover was november of 1982, I remember seeing it once. Tell Adam to also go to the Library, they are pretty good at looking for stuff like that.

Thanks Muns!!!

Tell Adam to also go to the Library
....LOL. The only time he goes to the library is when there is a call there! I'll try though.

The Issue your looking for is the March 1982 issue of Firehouse.The article is in the Magazine .It was not on the cover.

I know because I'm one of the people in the picture with Lt.Cerrato(May he Rest in Peace).If you can not get a copy let me know and his family can have mine