Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nwpfdjr27

WCPD Dodge Sprinter?

5 posts in this topic

while driving through the valhalla village today, i saw a westchester county police dodge sprinter parked on the side of the road. It did not have any special markings on it to what I could see (whether it be bomb squad, SWAT etc.) and had LEDs, so im assuming it is somewhat new. Can it be that this is just a regular patrol vehicle? Any info would be great to rid of my curiosity.

We just took delivery of one on a Freightliner Chassis. Its all black with some hidden away led's. It's slated to be left unmarked and used for Tac-Jobs etc. once we reconfigure the inside. The headroom is pretty damn good especially if you have to wait a few hours fora green light. With full tac gear you can probably fit about ten guys with breach tools etc. You can stand up and stretch. Also it has dual zone heating/ac a true god send. Many of the guys don't like it because it breaks tradition but its narrow and has cameras on the outside that you would really have to search for....pretty inconspicuous. The best feature is that it blends in just like any other delivery van. And I can do govr't jobs without raising a brow.

P.S. Does anyone have any experience with Mack MR's or more specifically the front ends? I have a question or two!

Thanks,

Rick

It was PortChester PD prisioner Van

thats wierd because that wasnt the one that I saw. the one that i saw had traditional white and blue county pd colors w/ an LED light bar on top.

sorry read it wrong. i assume that the jersey city one is pretty cool.