Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Motorcycle accidents

11 posts in this topic

Its early in the season, and already there have been several serious motorcycle accidents. As an avid rider, I wish all riders a safe season....dont want to see anyone else getting hurt out there. Be safe!

i also ride. its sucks to hear and see these things but if any thing could help others is to enroll in a motorcycle safety course. i took it when i got my motorcycle lisence and it paid for itself. things i learned in that class have saved me from having some serious accidents. each time i remembered the instuctors directions and pulled through safely with no damage. drive defensively and be safe!

Edited by mrbolz

i also ride. its sucks to hear and see these things but if any thing could help others is to enroll in a motorcycle safety course. i took it when i got my motorcycle lisence and it paid for itself. things i learned in that class have saved me from having some serious accidents. each time i remembered the instuctors directions and pulled through safely with no damage. drive defensively and be safe!

I also ride but lets face it it isn't us its the dopes driving.

some hate bikes, some are on cell phones, some are doing make-up, some are old, some are blind, some are new drivers, some are plain old stupid...

there should be a required driver safety course every year for new drivers, every 2 years when you hit 21, and every 3years after that and when you hit about 60 it should be every year again.

I have been riding on the street for over 15 years and on bikes for about 30 and one thing I can tell you is over 80 % of motorcycle accidents are the cars fault

If i've ever noticed anything.. The motorcycle accidents i have worked have all been dumba** bikers speeding or driving intoxicated not to mention all the jerkoffs that have weaved between myself and another car and have almost crashed!!!

If i've ever noticed anything.. The motorcycle accidents i have worked have all been dumba** bikers speeding or driving intoxicated not to mention all the jerkoffs that have weaved between myself and another car and have almost crashed!!!

Well, here in the capital of "no turn signals", i probably see one or two a week, that, in traffic, just fly down the lines, between the lanes. Usually if they are seen coming, someone will block them back. you gotta be out of your mind to run down the lines like that......road kill comes to mind. Hopefully, i hope i don't see the day where one is flying thru the air past me...

Most people who ride oout there respect the bikes it's the young kids that are out there riding wild and crazy, I only say this from the accidents that Ive been to lately.

you see theres the problem. guys like you who assume to much and are bike haters. I lost a few friends on bikes and guess what it was the a**hole driving the car. perfectg example 1 of my friends was sitting at a RED light and some idiot ran him over from behind

1st off i used to ride religously every day with at least 15 - 20 bikes and with all the bbq's or night stops at various hangouts not one of us would have even 1 drink. Can't say so for anyone driving a car!

Let me start off by telling you the whole picture don't just stop at bikes weaving...finish the story!!!!

I can speak from experience I have been on everything from harleys to crotch rockets.

people who hate bikes will do anything to stop them. for example the bikes go by you on lets say the taconic at 100 plus mph weaving, an a**hole driving in the middle lane with no traffic in front of him for no apparent reason decides he's going to move over to either the left or right lane because either he looked in his mirror and saw bikes or a couple have already passed him by so he moves, now with nowhere to go the bikes lock up the brakes and guess what???

Well, here in the capital of "no turn signals", i probably see one or two a week, that, in traffic, just fly down the lines, between the lanes.  Usually if they are seen coming, someone will block them back.  you gotta be out of your      mind to run down the lines like that......road kill comes to mind.  Hopefully, i hope i don't see the day where one is flying thru the air past me...

nyemt you just summed up my point.

I am not saying the bikers are right for riding the lines but what sick individual would purposely block a 400- 700 lb, 2 wheeled, non protected vehicle from going thru??????

You see it alot, just like the people block the breakdown lane in traffic so idiots can drive down them to get ahead

nyemt you just summed up my point.

I am not saying the bikers are right for riding the lines but what sick individual would purposely block a 400- 700 lb, 2 wheeled, non protected vehicle from going thru??????

...i agree notice i said "others block them"! I've cleaned up enough bike accidents in my time... :( on the breakdown lane part - yes i would block a CAR, because out here if there is the slightest traffic, everybody thinks that turns into a traffic lane.........right up until they get up to the cos sitting on the shoulder in front of them!! :lol::lol::D

10-8,

You may have respect for the rules of the road, but many of the riders out there nowadays are under the age of 25 and just wanna go fast and beat traffic. There are a**holes that drive bikes and there are a**holes that drive cars. Both are equaly responsible for driving/riding safely. And don't go calling me a "bike hater" just because I think it sounds stupid when you defend someone going 100mph down the Taconic (in a car or on a bike either way it is dumb) or someone who is in between the lanes of traffic. If you are doing either of those two things you know the possible consequnces of your actions and you are a moron with no respect for the rules of the road.

And I wanna state that I'm not advocating purposely trying to cause an accident by blocking a speeding bike with your car.

Edited by CAM502