Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jaws

Rescue 2 has the Collapse Unit?

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody heard that Rescue 2 now runs the Collapse unit?

Rescue 2 now runs a second collapse unit out of Brooklyn. I believe the rig is a former rescue and is awaiting a new collapse rig.

Collapse rescue 2 is runing with Engine 280 in brooklyn they arent runing with rescue 2

Ladder 132 which I believe is a new SOC support truck is responsible for taking the collapse unit to runs for Rescue 2 to use. It is the second such unit, Rescue 3 still has their's.

I will have to try and get a solid anwser on this..

However this is what is fact.

At the quaters you have. Look Here

Engine 280

Ladder 132

SSL-132 (Second Rig)

Collapse 2

Some how this second Collapse unit is tied to Rescue 2, Just not too sure how the program is desinged. Ladder 132 is not allowed to do collapse rescue ops alone, they can start but the must have a rescue respond.

I made a phone call and I was informed by a source in the FDNY that it is correct Rescue 2 in Brooklyn now has a Collapse Unit.

The quarters of Rescue 2 located at 1472 Bergen Street was not big enough to fit Rescue 2 and the Rescue 2 Collapse Unit.

Rescue 2 Collapse Unit (Old Rescue 2) is in the quarters of L132/E280 at 489 Saint John's Place.

In the event of a Collapse Rescue call L132 will respond with Rescue 2. One of the FF's from L132/E280 will drive the R2 "Collapse Unit" to the scene.

Did that help to clarify anything? :D