Mohegan Lake -MVA w/Stat Flight 6-7-04

10 posts in this topic

Date: 6-7-04

Time: 2309hrs

Units:

Frequency: 453.000

Description: MVA w/motorcycle

Writer: Truck4

2311hrs- CMD req. Stat Flight put on stand by.

2312hrs- CMD req. Stat Flight to fly.

2315hrs- LZ to be set up I/A/O McDonalds lot on Route 6.

2330hrs- Ambulance enroute to LZ.

2354hrs- CMD rpts Stat Flight enroute to WCMC with (1).

Accident occurred at the end of Regina Ave/ Cortlandt Self Storage facility. Motorcycle vs. Iron Fence/Gate. Pt struck fence head-on. Units assigned: Eng 255, 2263, 69B2, U40, 39Medic, NYSP. At LZ: Eng 257, 2261, 2266, 69-12.

This incident is another fine example of excellent PFD ALS patient care coupled with a good BLS crew. Patient was a mulitple major trauma victim.

Sure. The good stuff always happens when I'm on the SOUTH end. :roll:

Ugh....why do we have to have a curfew at the firehouse???? do you know how many accidents i've missed bc of it.....o well only 3 more days and no more curfew

You'll get your share of accidents in course of time. Be careful what you wish for, you could get what you want, first person or a friend or family member.

DRD if you under 18 or still in school you have to be out of the firehouse by 9 on school nights and cant go on calls after 11 and on weekends you have to be out by 11 but can go on calls whenever you want.

ALS yea i know im not saying i wish it happens or that its cool i just seem to miss the "good" stuff....thats what you get for being a white cloud.

It comes in spurts. Also you'll see...Trauma isn't "cool stuff" its quick and systematic...medical calls are the real work.

Yeah. Turning over a bad call to a helicopter is a sinch, since you don't have to worry about a long transport and you can restock quick and be back in service.