Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

Somers Serious PIAA 6/22-Good Job!

9 posts in this topic

I've been working 45M2 today, and EVERYONE has been raving about the job that Somers FD and the WEMS medics did yesterday. Without going all anti-HIPAA here, suffice it to say that a young girl is alive today and got that way because some folks really hit the zone yesterday. All praise where praise is due...I'm proud to work with ya, guys.

From LoHud.com

Somers collision kills 77-year-old woman

By ROB RYSER

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: June 23, 2006)

SOMERS — A 77-year-old woman died after pulling in front of an oncoming car on Route 100 last night, and an 8-year-old passenger from Brewster was hospitalized with internal injuries.

The accident at Route 139 closed traffic in all directions shortly after 6 p.m. as firefighters, police and emergency workers extracted the child from the car.

The driver of the car that was struck, Electra Tsucalas of Somers, was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said she made a left turn from Route 139 onto Route 100, driving into the lane of a southbound car driven by Angelo Solla, 57, of Ossining. Solla told police he was not injured.

The child passenger in Tsucalas' car, Stephanie Shea, was taken to Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel and later flown to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla.

She was in critical but stable condition at 7:30 a.m. today.

No charges were filed as of 7:30.

Police are continuing to investigate the accident.

Edited by WAS967

I am a member of the crew that took Stephanie to PHC for stabilization prior to air txp to WMC. I went and visited her today...she's in the PICU at WMC. She was following commands earlier today and the prognosis is bright. Her family was greatful to ALL personnel involved in saving their daughter. My personal congrats to EVERYONE that worked this scene. This was a true team effort.

Thanks for the update skuba. Good news indeed.

Don't be shy, WAS. You guys ROCKED.

Humble, my a$$.

Ham too.

Visited her on Wednesday and she is doing very, very well. This little girl was resuscitated and unquestionably would be dead if not for the extraordinary efforts of civilians, Somers FD and EMS (including WEMS dispatcher Kevin (aka SkubaSam)) and Westchester EMS paramedics, Hamlet and Chris (aka WAS987).

Great job guys! We are very proud of you!

Scott T. Glaessgen

Operations Supervisor

Westchester EMS

As the IC of this incident, I echo all the above posts, everyone did an excellent, outstanding job- to turn this double fatal (on scene) into the final single fatal accident.

My hat goes off to each and everyone who played a part that day- GREAT JOB!!!!!

I'm going to try and find out Saturday night who the nurse is from Hudson Valley that pulled her form the car. She deserves Kudos as well.

I'm going to try and find out Saturday night who the nurse is from Hudson Valley that pulled her form the car. She deserves Kudos as well.

I have that info through a Somers PO that's a member of Somers FD. We'll be reaching out to her in the very near future. If you get the info ahead of time, please tell her the family is greatful. This nurse called the PICU the day after the accident but didn't leave her name.