Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sr71

Is THe FDNY Buying Ferrara Engines?

13 posts in this topic

Ive Seen a few Ferrara engines on fdnytrucks.com and i was wondering if those were trial rigs or the real deal? And are there more on the way?

There are only three Ferrara pumpers in front line service right now. 54,26, and 258. they are all High Pressure Pumpers used for the high rise buildings in their respective districts. As for Ferrara getting any bids for more, your guess is as good as mine.

As of right now from what I've read in F. A. J. and on Seagrave's website release from thier president, FDNY has and is still ordering pumpers and ladders from Seagrave. It seems that all the apparautus that were built by Saulsbury area being replaced with Ferrara units (the satellites, hazmat and other trucks)

We'll have to see when the next order is places what FDNY does with the pumper and trucks.

Anyone know where the other two high pressure pumpers went? Ferrara built 5 of them.

The unit that was previously assigned to E34 is now on Governor's Island. Not sure about the fifth unit.

There was one extra Hi-Press Engine built buy Ferrara it was used as a demo unit.. Not sure what they have done with it since, but I think it was also used in some TV shows and movies. The Engine 34 rig that went to Gov Island was a ALF demo rig that the job bought after the 11th.

I am not aware of a current order for Engines, so we will have to wait till the bids go out. I think the next set should be 2007 to replace the 1997 rigs. Anything can happen Ferrara was able to build an FDNY spec Pumper and there is talk that the spec will change to 2000gpm pumpers on the next bid.

Anyone know where the other two high pressure pumpers went?  Ferrara built 5 of them.

They built three of them. They built another "standard" engine on an Inferno chassis in 01. That was donated to E-283 and then it went to Chauffer Training. As far as I know, other High Pressure Engines 6,10,34, and 65 are all Seagraves.

they did build 5, but FDNY only ordered 3. one was used on Third Watch, the other toured the country.

the next order for pumpers will be VERY interesting.

Anyone taking bets on this one?? I got few bucks left over from my bonus in the last contract. I'll take segrave. What odds can I get?

i though engines 9, 72 and 10 were 2,000 gpm engines and are all segraves

are these considered high pressure engines?

are the high pressure engine the ones with the satalites?

Edited by HFD23

i though engines 9, 72 and 10 were 2,000 gpm engines and are all segraves

are these considered high pressure engines?

are the high pressure engine the ones with the satalites?

The 2,000 gpm pumpers are 9, 72, 284, 324 and 207 and they are not high pressure engines.

The high pressure engines do not have the satalites. The 2,000 gpm pumpers have them.

Edited by pcfdrfd700

The 2000 GPM Pumpers are 2 stage pumpers, all Satellite Units are 2000 GPM

The High Pressure Pumpers are 1000 GPM but have a 3rd Stage to pump higher pressures required to upper floors in HIgh Rise Fires.

High Pressure Engines: 6,10,26,34,54,65,258

2000 GPM Pumpers(Satellite Water System): 9,72,284,324,159,207