Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmurpht

Car fire PPE

7 posts in this topic

its their own fault when they don't live to enjoy their pensions. Its the right of every career firefighter to retire and live healthy and long on their city's dollar

Shame on the officer in charge for letting that happen. Now another generation of firefighters will believe that they dont have to ware a mask at a car fire.

what is that bad sh** that is coming out of that car??

I'm not a haz- mat expert but even a dumb a** like me can tell you that what ever that is --it's no good for your loungs.

The best is when some departments tell you to only wear an SCBA when you're fighting a house fire. Apparently some people aren't grasping the concept that it should be worn at all fires including car fires, dumpster fires, or any other fire. These days fighting a car fire can be worse for your lungs than fighting a house fire! By the way...where the hell is the hose line????????

Edited by DMA327

every one looks up to the fdny ,but they never use there masks

A lot of departments do not wear SBCA while fighting car fires. My opinion they should, but I'm not gonna sit here and knock another department's SOP's / SOG's. Let them learn themselves.