Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mllax14

Support PGFD Volunteer Emergency Services

2 posts in this topic

Support Prince George's County Volunteer Emergency Services! Please Read and Sign!

http://pumpfire.proboards37.com/index.cgi?...read=1155337134

To place your name on the letter PM ME or Email Me @ PUMP@PUMPFIRE.COM Thanks.... Support Your Local Volunteers!

PLEASE REPOST AND PASS ALONG!!

***Please Note we support all EMERGENCY WORKERS, VOLUNTEER OR PAID! We just believe in equal Treatment for all!***

This is a message that I got asking for it to be reposted for others to view. I don’t want to start any discussion or argument about career vs. volunteer or about the way different departments operate or act. Just read it and if you wish send in your name. If you have any comments please keep them constructive.

Thanks.

I think the PIO may have a point there. I don't think it has anything to do with career vs. paid and I am sure that had a paid firefighter released a statement or images to the media without going through the proper channels a similar reprimand would follow. Although in this case it was probably fairly harmless I think there is something to be said for the existance of a public information officer who can decide what information is being released in what format and provide a consistent liason with the media. I have no doubt that had this tape been submitted to the department it would have been approved and released since it obviously would serve the department in a good light, its just a matter of going through the correct procedure. Just my 2 cents

BTW Outstanding Rescue by Kentland; the disabled victim certainly would have perished without their quick action! Great Job