Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAD622

NY Fire Patrol Support Rally

6 posts in this topic

According to the Fire Patrols website: www.fpny123.net they are due to be shut down on October 15th, 2006. On their website they have posted info for a support rally at Patrol Station #2 on W. 3rd Street in Greenwhich Village on Sunday September 17th from 11am to 4pm. I'm sure they would welcome all the support we can offer. As a former member of Patrol 2 (1987) it would be a shame to see them disbanded.

Truly a sad day for the history of the nation's fire service if the Patrol does get shut down, as now seems inevitable. This hits close to home with me, having known Tony Emanuele of FP2 for many years going back to our days in Hillcrest together in the early 90s.

Edited by res6cue

I had a summer internship this summer right around the corner from Patrol 2. They seemed like a good group of guys. Its a shame if they get rid of it.

Just to add a side note this is also Patrol #2 100th year of service to the city as the company was re-organized at 84 West 3rd street as patrol 2,

Just my 2 cents and a bit of history

According to the Fire Patrols website: www.fpny123.net they are due to be shut down on October 15th, 2006. On their website they have posted info for a support rally at Patrol Station #2 on W. 3rd Street in Greenwhich Village on Sunday September 17th from 11am to 4pm. I'm sure they would welcome all the support we can offer. As a former member of Patrol 2 (1987) it would be a shame to see them disbanded.

Do you know if they are looking for people toshow in uniform?

It would be great to save the job

former Patrol 1

Chaz

I will find out from joe and let you know sometime today.

Chris