Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

585 Remember!

4 posts in this topic

It is sad to say that the time comes every year when we are forced to remember a great loss, not only to the fire service, but to law enforcement, a friend, and most of all a GREAT MAN and Father.

Many of us rememeber Lt. Mike "Satch" Nuener. Mike may have passed 7 long years ago, but we all need to remember who he was and what he stood for. I will always remember the way he made a room laugh, no matter what the situation.

I also say a prayer for him and his family almost every day. He is the person i pray to when i first step on to a piece of appartus, or any scene. This way I know he'll be there to protect me.

We all know Mike is in heaven, busy being a fire chief, and police chief.

It is important to keep him in our memories, and to tell all the new members of our departments, who he was and what he was about

I'm glad to see that Mike is still in many people's hearts. I know that for me and many other members of my / his family, we think of him every single day.

From great losses can come great gains. What I have learned from his death is that any fire we go to, could be our last. He has motivated me to be a better leader, better firefighter, and hopefully, a better instructor. Its so sad that in our industry, we have to suffer great loss to achieve our gains. I hope none of us ever have to deal with that pain and heartache.

Let's remember to look out for one another - run after run.

Happy July 4th brothers and sisters!

This could not have been said any better..... Amen [-o<

In Memory of Michael E. Neuner, Sr

Lieutenant Brewster FD #585 / Police Officer Peekskill PD #27

Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice June 22, 1997

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a Firefighter. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the Firefighter has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even at the supreme sacrifice."

-- Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY circa 1910

REST IN PEACE MIKE!