Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD968

EMT's in the volunteer service

7 posts in this topic

Question for all the Ambulance corp and Fire Dept.'s that run an ambulance.....

Do you have a Criteria for EMT's to stay active in your dept. ??? Do they have to make a certain amount of calls, in house drills (not EMT classes that are mandatory to stay as an EMT) and/or meetings????

Is it in writing if there is something in place?If so is it agreed upon when they join?

Just a few questions, looking at how other departments handle this issue.

You can PM me if you want

Edited by LCFD968

At my corp the volunteers need to volunteer at least 24hrs a month inorder to be an active member.

If I remember correctly from my days in Lake Carmel, you had to make a certain amount of points per year. It was a combination of drills,work nights, meetings and runs.

At my corp we have to ride over 24 hrs a month (2 shifts - a typical shift at my corp is 7a - 7p or 7p - 7a) and attend monthly general membership meetings. It isn't that hard to give 24-hours of your time to the community you live in.

My fire department runs EMS, we have a classification of membership referred to as "Medic". It is a recognized membership tier detailed in our department by-laws that allows for personnel to belong to the FD without being forced to attend FF1 and FF2 to remain in good standing. There are specific criteria set fourth in the by-laws about call percentages and training that they must meet to stay a medic member in good standing. Without reading through the bylaws I do not know the specific requirements they need to meet.

Edited by CFD320

In my Corps you have to ride 24 hrs a month and attend atleast 6 mtgs and drills to be in "good standing" and able to run and vote. But you are only required to ride once every 60 days before you are taken off the active membership roster.

At my corp the volunteers need to volunteer at least 24hrs a month inorder to be an active member.

What happens if they don't?????

If I remember correctly from my days in Lake Carmel, you had to make a certain amount of points per year. It was a combination of drills,work nights, meetings and runs.

You remember correct JBE.But that is for everybody, I am looking for just EMT's.

In my Corps you have to ride 24 hrs a month and attend atleast 6 mtgs and drills to be in "good standing" and able to run and vote. But you are only required to ride once every 60 days before you are taken off the active membership roster.

I am assuming tha is for all members. What is the difference "Good Standing" or not?