Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HCFRFF

That day i shall never forget

3 posts in this topic

5 years later.......I will never forget September 11th 2001. I will never forget riding on the back of a Town of cortlandt garbage truck and my driver yelling out the cab window telling us what was happening, then seeing the F-16's flying over my head, headed towards the city....god bless all the familys left behind and god bless the 343 brothers and sisters we lost that day and all the Po's. I know today at work at the fire house we will pay respect to thoses that lost thier lives and remember what happened while others forget.

I will not forget the faces and names of the friends I lost, the voices crying for help that never got to them. The sorrow and guilt I felt for a long time, like I didn't do enough. As I awake later on, I will say a silent prayer for those lost and those left behind, and just reflect.

I was at work working on frito lay filling bins with bags of chips, My patener told me that a plane hit WTC i didnt think much of it few mins later he says another plane had hit so i'm like yeah sure whatever pal, he was telling me all what was going on i wasnt beleiving him, even tho my area had a radio i couldnt hear it from where i was and theres a tv in the brake room of course there so many in there i wasnt paying attn, It didnt hit me untill later on that night when i got home and was talking to a FF

My squad sent folks down to helpout a few days of couse not being an EMT i couldnt go with them but when they got back home they showed me picts and told storys about it and now being in Red Cross folks had shown me picts and told their stories, SOOO GLAD I didnt go now that people r getting sick now and from the stories and picts i heard and saw, I had lots of dreams that i was really there,

I went to NYC first time ever in 95 i remember walking next to WTC i didnt go in tho, I went thu NYC in 03 and 04 on a bus and its not the same without the WTC there dosent feel like NYC

Being so close to nyc and having family so close to the Pentagan THANK GOD NO ONE I KNOW WAS KILLED!