Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

Putnam Valley Apparatus?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what putnam valley fire department has as far as trucks, chiefs cars, antiques, and boats go? I particuarly would like to know what they did with their pick up. I know their was some talk of taking that and turning it into a utility and replacing the 1980 ford enclosed utility van in station 2 after they got the new tahoe.If they did that, what did they do with the old utility van? I haven't heard anything on this yet and figured EMTBRAVO would be the best place to go. Yes I do know that this website is based out of westchester, but I figured it was worth a shot. any info. will be GREATLY apprieciated. thanx, steve

Does anyone know what putnam valley fire department has as far as trucks, chiefs cars, antiques, and boats go? I particuarly would like to know what they did with their pick up. I know their was some talk of taking that and turning it into a utility and replacing the 1980 ford enclosed utility van in station 2 after they got the new tahoe.If they did that, what did they do with the old utility van? I haven't heard anything on this yet and figured EMTBRAVO would be the best place to go. Yes I do know that this website is based out of westchester, but I figured it was worth a shot. any info. will be GREATLY apprieciated. thanx, steve

i'm from southern westchester and dont know much about how they do things or what they have up there, but i got this explanation from someone who know someone who's a voly up around that area, (haha, get all that?)

2 stations (headquarter, 1 substation) 3 chief's car, obviously one for each chief. the 2nd asst. chief vehicle is diff. from the rest, i'm not sure exactly what, but i think the other 2 have tahoe's. the third use to be a pick up truck, which will supposedly be turning into a utility (from what the guy told me, they really dont need a utility or any other rig than what they have, but figured it'd be a nice way to keep it a good piece of equipment "running"). they have 2 brush trucks, one in each rig, plus some other sort of brush vehilce (atv or some gator) which they primarily use to get into spots where they cant get the rigs for small and/or quick supplies or tools (for instance, like 98% of the town are woods and Fahnestock NP, so it could be useful for those situations where they cant get the rigs). they have 2 engines, which are specifically used as attack engines only (unless otherwise needed obvsiouly), again, one in each station. the one in the sub station is the newer KME rig. 2 tankers, one in each house, and 1 pumper out of their headquarters. they also run a rescue out of the headquarters, and one boat. i was told the old utility van pretty much never goes out, and is used pretty much as a storage bin in the substation, so i would presume, once they put the old chief car to replace it, they will prob. just either dump or give away the old van. they have no antique rigs and an old bus which they sometimes use for transport to parades and other functions. any other rig that they would call for in cases needed would obviously be supplied by MA.

again, i'm not familiar with them, so i'm just paraphrasing what was explained to me by someone who's up there, so if its not TOTALLY accurate, yell at the other guy!!! haha tongue.gif .....

im from putnam valley

we sold the old van and changed the pick-up turck into the new utility they also bought the ambulance corps old 3471 for the dive tem equipment and the new tahoe was supposed to go to the chief but instead it was given to 2nd a**. chief.

they dont have an actual boat but hey do have a zodiaz for the dive team.

but ontherwise everyting that lpfire said is true and the bus is slowly diving into a grave but still is very useful when needed.