Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang22_2002

FDNY Psych Screening?

11 posts in this topic

I have to go fo my psych. screening later this week can anyone help me and give me some hints to what are on the test.

Ask them when you get your gun... j/k smile.gif Just keep cool, calm, and collected, they will try to pressure you and intimidate you. Just answer truthfully and good luck to you.

You must tell the truth. The test is set up to catch people lying. Tell the honest truth stay calm and as long as your not a total psycho you should do fine.

The FDNY Psych test is pretty much a standard test giving out by the city. Look at it this way, it's some stupid amount of questions like a 1000 or something. However it's realy only 200 questions asked 5 ways. They compare each of the 5 questions to look to see if you changed your thoughts. Then they send you for an interview and the Doc looks over it and talks to you..

The FDNY Psych test is pretty much a standard test giving out by the city.  Look at it this way, it's some stupid amount of questions like a 1000 or something.  However it's realy only 200 questions asked 5 ways.  They compare each of the 5 questions to look to see if you changed your thoughts.  Then they send you for an interview and the Doc looks over it and talks to you..

Is the interview with the dr. the same day as the actual test ?

Good luck, Bro.

I have to go fo my psych. screening later this week can anyone help me and give me some hints to what are on the test.

Well, I would think I psych screening is one in which your true being will come out. There is no way to prepare for it and why should there be? You either got what it takes, or you don't. If you don't, well...

Many fields require it now a days. It can be a real eye opener!

There's no face to face evaluation, unless they find something in the written exam they don't like. 9 of 10 don't ever speak to anyone.

-The test is 600 multiple choice.

-You have to draw a few pictures, keep it simple.

Good luck man!

I'm not specifically familiar with the FDNY test, but a police test here had a question during the interview: "If you could lift an elephant, would you?"

the drawing part is the house-tree-person test (HTP) it is a projective personality test. look it up online and you can practice your drawings ahead of time if you think its necessary.