Followers 0

NYSP multiple I684 DWI arrests

2 posts in this topic

Good job, troopers !!

State police make drunken driving arrests on I-684

By TERRY CORCORAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original Publication: October 2, 2006)

State police arrested two Connecticut motorists on drunken driving charges overnight on Intestate 684.

A Connecticut man was stopped on Interstate 684 in Southeast while doing 82 mph in a 65 zone, police said.

The 33-year-old New Milford man told troopers during the 2:53 a.m. stop that he had drunk two beers earlier in the evening, police said.

But his blood-alcohol concentration — 0.10 percent, above the 0.08 threshhold for drunken driving — suggested that he had several more than two, police said. They charged him with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.

At 1:30 a.m. today, troopers stopped a 44-year-old Danbury, Conn., man for doing 83 on I-684 in Bedford and charged him with driving while intoxicated, police said.

State police also made arrests over the weekend, including

• A 21-year-old Brooklyn man charged Saturday morning with driving while intoxicated after being stopped for speeding on Route 6 in Somers.

• A 58-year-old Forest Hills, Queens, man charged with driving while intoxicated after troopers found him passed out behind the wheel of his 2006 Infinity on the side of I-684 in North Salem. Troopers thought the car was disabled when they came across it at 2:45 a.m. Saturday.

• A 56-year-old Roxbury, Conn., man who was stopped for going 84 mph on I-684 in Bedford at 11:45 p.m. Saturday, according to police. Police said he was weaving in and out of traffic in his 2000 Audi A4 while flashing his high beams at other motorists.

As they say, you drink, you drive, you lose.

dry.gif

People should know better. One drink can affect your ability to drive!!