Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

John Gurga's Family Still Needs Help

3 posts in this topic

The family of John Gurga still needs a little help. Johns son John has been a patient in the burn Center since the end of March. YES thats over 6 months. young John is progressing very slowly but he is improving. big John has taken a leave of absence from his job to be with his son.

Let's show him what the Firefighters are made of in this area. as you might know I am the director of BurnCare Everywhere Foundation Inc. we have been working with the family and helping and much as we can. young John has a long way to go and whole lot of fight in him. When ever I see him, i can see the fight in his eyes.

So lets go firefighter out there -- any checks written to BurnCare with John's name on it will go directly to the family.

If every fire company in Westchester wrote a $100.00 check I am sure it would go a long way to cover expensens that are occuring.

Young John is a huge baseball fan and a bigger baasketball fan so any contacts you might have wouuld be helpfull.

BurnCare Foundation

283 Tarrytown Road

White Plains, Ny 10607

Thank you firefighters

One more thing if every member of EMT Bravo sent a small check they to would add up.

My prayers are with him.

It's come to my attention:

On April 3rd,a 15-year-old boy from Amsterdam,  was severely burned at a teenage

party after throwing gasoline into a fire to keep it going.

The gasoline backfired and exploded, burning 75% of his body. He was

airlifted to westchester hospital and has been hanging on minute by minute.

Still, in critical condition his parents are down there in a hotel and are

financially strapped. There will also be a golf tournament fund raiser.

The info is:

The John M. Gurga Fund