Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10-Buff-4

Flying to Jacksonville?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Board. I really hate flying (I flew in 2005 for the first time in 5 years) and I'm lookin for recommendations on an Airline towards Jacksonville, FL (preferably, a direct flight.) I know Continental does directs from Newark, what's Newark Airport like/is there somebody who does it cheaper out of JFK or LaGuardia? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I prefer trains; I've done the train run to Florida round-trip twice.

-DA BUFF

JetBlue flies direct routes between JFK and Jacksonville. Price obviously depends on when you wanna fly and how soon you book. Tickets usually start at around $99 each way and go up to around $169 each way for that particular route. JetBlue is awesome, I wouldn't fly anyone else if given the choice. Their fleet of Airbus A320s are all new, modern and spacious. The Directv in each seat is great for people who don't like flying. Put the headphones on and you get so engrossed in the TV, next thing you know you're landing. I've flown back and forth between Tampa a few times, and it feels like 15 minutes. Matter of fact, I was upset because the plane landed before I got to finish watching the show I had on. laugh.gif

Hey Board. I really hate flying (I flew in 2005 for the first time in 5 years) and I'm lookin for recommendations on an Airline towards Jacksonville, FL (preferably, a direct flight.) I know Continental does directs from Newark, what's Newark Airport like/is there somebody who does it cheaper out of JFK or LaGuardia? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I prefer trains; I've done the train run to Florida round-trip twice.

-DA BUFF

My sister inlaw flew in last Monday on SOUTHWEST airline into Albany International from Jacksonville FLA. She said the rates are reasonable.

Not sure how they are from the N.Y.C. area airports or if they fly into them.

Try to fly out of Laguardia, it is a nicer airport than JFK and Newark

I fly US air which is pretty good

Edited by bibbles10504

I agree Laguardia is a nicer airport and Definatley Jet Blue!! Im not sure if they have direct flights though, in that case american airlines is good too.

I flew out of JKF to Jacksonville for the SuperBowl. I believe we flew Delta Connection Comair. Smaller style jets and one of the nicest flights I've ever had. Seemed like we got there a bit quicker then if we were on a regular sized plane.

Very curtious as well.

Id go with JetBlue, even though its out of JFK, its not to bad, I've flown out of there 5 or 6 times and have no serious complaints.