Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

Nextel Finally catches up to last year

25 posts in this topic

Put aside the fact that in most area's nextel's service sucks.

Nextel is finally coming out with a phone that is not 2 years behind the rest of the world ohmy.gif . The i880 will be released in november and from the looks of its somewhat ohmy.gifohmy.gifTHIN ohmy.gifohmy.gif

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/i880/?id12...rea_102306_i880

Pictures

user posted image

It's about time nextel offered a phone that could compete, could this be a sign that the Sprint merger has finally paid off?

What will nextel come out with next laugh.giflaugh.gif

i myself having been a loyal nextel customer for over 10 years just dumped them and went to verizon wireless.

purchased the motorola Q, what a great phone.

In m opinion it crushes my blackberry. its syncs with outlook seamlessly i can edit all of my contacts and schedules and tasks through outlook and bam the phone is updated immeaditly and the service is great. having a windows OS phone is great very stable compared to my blackberry. the media center is great popped in a 1MB mini sd card and loaded up a buncha music and video's.

and the service is great works everywhere my nextel didnt.

But the service will still stink.............

And it'll cost $4000.00 like all the other expensive nextel phones... at least I find them overpriced.

nextel service does suck around here.

other parts of the country though, service is great, like in the Midwest.

but until i pay for my own service (thanks mom) ill stick with nextel, cause its all my family uses.

as far as overpriced goes, nextel is ridiculous. thats why i havent gotton a new phone in a while, but christmas is coming tongue.gif

Nextel will be rolling out the first of the 'hybrid' phones starting Nov 12 . They should improve the service a bit. Phone should be a bit cheaper as well.

Finally in january you can beep between nextel and sprint too

Are you SURE about a Nov. 12th roll-out for the iDen/CDMA system? Are you sure they will have dual mode in three weeks?

Why hasnt verizon started marketing their 2 way phones, I think those would be pretty good, but no one has them.

Also, does anyone think Nextel should have a plan that is pretty cheap where you get like 50 anytime min and unlimited 2 way? Because that is really all I would use nextel for, and keep verizon because the service is a lot better. But the 2 way is just so convient in the service most of us are in.

Nextel will be releasing 3 phones in the next few months that are dual mode.... IC402, IC502 & IC902. DC on the iden network & Cellular on the CDMA\PCS network.

you can get the 502 NOW by calling nextel and talkikng w\ customer retention.

the 502 will go into limited nationwide release (tentatively scheduled) for the week of 11/12. They will only be released in 'red markets' (we are in the largest red market-> NYC Metro)

the 402 & 902 will be released 2nd quarter of '07

Motorola IC502

Supported Technologies

Javaâ„¢ ME JSRs Supported:

MIDP 1.0 (JSR 37)

MIDP 2.0 (JSR 118)

CLDC 1.0 (JSR 30)

CLDC 1.1 (JSR 139)

Location API (JSR-179)

PDA Packages (JSR-75)

Mobile 3D Graphics (JSR-184)

Audio for MMAPI 1.1 (JSR-135)

WMA 1.1 (JSR 120)

WMA 2.0 MMS (JSR-205)

Scalable Vector Graphics (JSR-226)

OEM API Extensions

Call Initiate

Crypto

Customer Care

Datebook

Memory

Heap Size: 2 .0 MB

Networking

Networking Support: AGPS, UDP, TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, Serial

Max Sockets: TCP: 7; HTTP: Shared with TCP connections; UDP: 16

Device Screen Size

External: 96 X 32 Mono

Internal: 176 X 220 TFT Nav/Joystick: 8-way + Center-select, Multikey Press

Device Feature Highlights

Image File Formats: WBMP, PNG w/ Transparency and Alpha, JPEG, GIF Audio File Formats: MIDI, iMelody..qcp, evrc, AMR-NB, ADPCM, Packet Data: SMS, MMS, AGPS

Edited by x901

[attachmentid=1446][attachmentid=1447]

post-65-1161882691.jpg

post-65-1161882705.jpg

[attachmentid=1448]

post-65-1161882791.jpg

[attachmentid=1449]

post-65-1161882838.jpg

any idea on the price of the phone and will there be any increase in the monthly service charge?

Called, complained, got the new hybrid phone for $39.95. I was told on the that it's pretty basic and that more complex hiybrid phones won't be out until sometime next year.

I get a 30 day trial period to decide if I want to keep it.

Why hasnt verizon started marketing their 2 way phones, I think those would be pretty good, but no one has them.

Also, does anyone think Nextel should have a plan that is pretty cheap where you get like 50 anytime min and unlimited 2 way? Because that is really all I would use nextel for, and keep verizon because the service is a lot better. But the 2 way is just so convient in the service most of us are in.

Verizon does have a two way service but its not very good and you have to pay for it, they dont offer free two way at all like nextel. You have to pay by each connect and they offer plans per minute ontop of your calling plan.

Called, complained, got the new hybrid phone for $39.95.  I was told on the that it's pretty basic and that more complex hiybrid phones won't be out until sometime next year.

I get a 30 day trial period to decide if I want to keep it.

Nextel usally bangs you for a 2 year contract when you upgrade. They would probably consider this an upgrade. If your unhappy with Nextel call to make sure they don't suck you in for 2 more. Let us know if they do.

They will request a new contract, but only if you decide to keep the phone. I have 30 days to decide if it makes the difference. If not, I can return the phone and will not be responsible for any additional contract time.

$39.95....I don't believe it. $399.95 maybe....And besides it doesn't have a camera...

What really sucks about NEXTEL is that ANY changes you make to your service it AUTOMATICALLY locks you in for another 2 yrs !

$39.95....I don't believe it. $399.95 maybe....And besides it doesn't have a camera...

Well, believe it, thats the deal. It is a fairly basic phone. $39.95 all said and done, with the 2 yr extension, however you do get 30 days to try it out. If it doesn't make things better for me I'll just send the phone back and dump Nextel.

I can live withouth a camera, they're useless anyway.

QUOTE(bibbles10504 @ Oct 26 2006, 12:27 PM)

Yeah, I would go for a plan like that. I get very little use of the phone part of my Nextel. But I'm on that damn Direct Connect every day. At work, at the FD. Damn things are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! That's about the only reason I haven't switched to Verizon. Just got rid of everything I had through Suscom/Comcast except for expanded basic cable, and when Verizon FiOS adds television to what I already have thru them.

Hybrid has arrived. Looking pretty good so far. We'll see!!!