Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

Imitation Whelen Talon/Dominator

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday I was at the KVI Uniform Shop in Middletown, NY doing some business for my agency and I noticed a red/white Talon LED flashing in the shelf. I spoke with the owner about the light and he told me that the light is actually an imitation Whelen Talon made my some other company. Everything on this light is exactly the same as a Talon. He had another light that looked like the Dominator also. The same was true for this light. The Talon style light is selling for $150 in all color combinations.

Upon further conversation with the owner he told me that one of his customers who bought one of these lights took it apart and it actually had Whelen boards inside it. I was pretty surprised. I mean, for the price you can get something exactly like a Talon for a much better price.

Has anyone else seen these lights yet?

I actually got one of these lights off ebay last week. It was a blue Dual "TAL-ON". Bought it for $102.00!!!!! It has 20 flash patterns, which are better then the Whelen Talon flash patterns. It's also VERY bright, its just as bright as the whelen. Great buy, highly recommend if you want to save a buck or two.

Cool. I'll have to check it out next time i go to KVI.

On a side not

Its a shame not many people know about KVI. Everyone it seems goes to Alfi's in New Windsor. I've been in Alfi's a few times and was met with nothing but an employee who was really dragging his feet on some things. Bill on the other hand at KVI gets everything back quickly, and has alot of products for sale. We get our Leather boots from him, Uniforms and some T Shirts from him also.

I actually got one of these lights off ebay last week. It was a blue Dual "TAL-ON". Bought it for $102.00!!!!! It has 20 flash patterns, which are better then the Whelen Talon flash patterns. It's also VERY bright, its just as bright as the whelen. Great buy, highly recommend if you want to save a buck or two.

There is someone in Middletown, NY (prob. same guy) selling the light on EBAY for $100 with $14.95 shipping.

http://stores.ebay.com/Wizard-Electronics

If i am thinking right, i have seen one or two on ebay before. Haven't actualy seen one in person though.

Cool.  I'll have to check it out next time i go to KVI.

On a side not

Its a shame not many people know about KVI.  Everyone it seems goes to Alfi's in New Windsor.  I've been in Alfi's a few times and was met with nothing but an employee who was really dragging his feet on some things. Bill on the other hand at KVI gets everything back quickly, and has alot of products for sale.  We get our Leather boots from him, Uniforms and some T Shirts from him also.

I must agree on the statement above. KVI is the place to go up here in OC for all uniform needs. I have been dealing with Bill and Kim for many years now and I must say that they have been nothing but great to deal with. Their goal is to be a "One Stop Shop" for all your needs. I have been to "other" uniform stores in the area and there is nothing more frustrating then having to wait weeks and weeks for your uniforms. 99% of the time you can walk into KVI and walk out within a 1/2 hour with your entire uniform.

For those agencies that are a little far from KVI, they will come to you, take all the proper measurments, complete your order and deliver it to you. How many uniform stores would do that for you?