Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Structure fire in Briarcliff?

3 posts in this topic

Sounded like they may have had a fire in a laundry matt, any info on it?

Yeah There was a dryer fire @ a laundry mat in chillmark shopping center. I didnt post it cause i didnt have all the info. and never posted in that forun with info before and didnt want to do it wrong...but...

@ around 18:40 hrs OFD got toned out for possible unknown type of fire behind citi bank on pville rd. Upon arrival of 2331 all ofd units 10-20

Fire was actually in the laundry mat in the chilmark shopping center which is covered by briarcliff. they were toned out as well. from what i know it was a dryer fire and taking care of pretty quickly. NOt to sure of anything else i was with my apparatus down by citi bank blocking the traffic. But thats the jist of it.

F19 is right. Ossining received the initial call and located the fire at the laundromat. Engine 98 from Ossining did a nice job and extinguished the fire in the dryer with smoke throughout the laundromat. Briarcliff covers that area and was dispatched and did most of the overhaul and cleanup. There was also minor smoke damage to the Subway store to the right and Visionworks to the left.

A good team effort by both departments.