Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Ossining Fire 7/27

2 posts in this topic

Here's some additional information about the Ossining fire today.

Units on scene;

Ossining: 2331, 2332 (IC), 2334, E96, E98, E99, E100, E101, L41, L42,R14 (I didn't see 97, it may have been there and hiding.)

Croton: CFDFAST, 2081, 2082, E119

Millwood: FAST, 2251, 2252, R36

Briarcliff: 2053, R37 (Cascade)

Ossining EMS: 36M1, 74A3

Units relocated;

Montrose E121, 2272

Sleepy Hollow E86

Pleasentville TL5

Fire was in a 2 1/2 story wood frame ballon-type. House was up on a hill hiding behind bushes - a difficult stretch and reach for the Truck, however Ossining managed (like always) to get it done. According to their Officers, on arrival they had heavy fire conditions on the 1st floor and smoke was visible from Route 9 in Croton. Due to the heat and humidity, and the difficult position the house was in, the guys took a real beating and knocked the blaze down before it caused further damage. On the arrival of E119 / CFDFAST, the IC requested our manpower to help with the venting, checking for hot-spots and overhaul. As per our SOG, a 2nd FAST was brought in (Millwood...Thanks) and we went to work.

For all those "Volly critics" I say to you....There had tobe 60-70 people on scene working this job - during a Tuesday afternoon. =D>

Chief Farrell's guys always do a great job. =D> They are an agressive bunch and have had many fires in the past few years. The one question I have is how much does Ossining spend on Fire Prevention each year. They haven't gotten a good return on thier investment. I'll have to talk to the Mayor about the budget. :D

Edward J

President

Northern Chapter of the Coalition