Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

NYCOMCO is becoming a Motorola Dealer

7 posts in this topic

I have received unofficial word that NYCOMCO is becoming an official Motorola Dealer as of January 1st, 2007. I wonder what they are up to by making this move. If they think that they are going to win back all the FD's and VAC's they are wrong. Between Goosetown Communications, Crudele Communications, Albany Communications, MetroCom and AC Communications most of the non-police agencies in Orange County are well taken care of.

Unfortunately, most of the PD's and the County are locked into long leases with NYCOMCO. They are paying all this money for horrible services.

Out of all of them listed I would highly reccomend Goosetown. They did a install in a vehicle for us and it was exactly what we asked for.....Metrocom was like the Hertz commercial "Not Exactly", still waiting for them to come up and do some reprogramming after 4 months......

MetroCom - no comment. All I can say is that we have a used Kenwood radio velcroed down in the cab of our brand new Engine since the Motorola crapped the bed. I have other horror stories from them but will refrain for now.

WOW... Glad I worked Sales and not Service for one of the above mentioned Motorola Two Way Radio Dealers. haha

Anyone can sell radios. Even ME! tongue.gif

As mentioned the issues are Service & Repair Department and sometimes

Management of said company.

IMAGE is Everything!

ANY Radio Dealer....Motorola, Kenwood, ICOM, Etc should always try and do

the right thing for the customer.

OUTBACK... No Rules, Just Right!

so are they dropping Kenwood? or are they just adding Motorola to what they offer? They also have a contract with Putnam for the next 2 years i think.

Edited by 66Alpha1

They are not dropping anyone. They are adding Motorola. Now they will have Motorola, Kenwood and M/A COM.

NYCOMCO used to handle all of OVAC's radio needs, when we used to have all GE radios. Then, when they went Moto we went with MetroCom, back when Mike Lester and his guys ran the north branch. Then, they knew radios and the customer service was excellent. However, it seems that MetroCom has been taken over by Stefan and his extended family, and no one has anything good to say about them. the front office is horrible, with the staff having nasty, unhelpful attitudes, and if you have a complaint, they treat you as if you just shat yourself in their presence. Ask Somers about the cheapo thrown-together lowband base Metro sold them (and that they forced them to take back!), or any of the other horror stories about having MetroCom install mobiles in their new engines.