Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danb

Bloomberg 'Deeply Disturbed' by Police Shooting

6 posts in this topic

Im surprised Poppey hasnt announced hes running for mayor next year AGAINST CHARLES BARRON!!!

SCVUMBAGS!

WAY TO STAND BY YOUR MEN

THE BEST COMMISIONER THE NYPD HAD WAS SAFIR..HE WASNT AFRAID TO TELL THE MEDIA TO SCREW OFF

Sharpton just said that the LAW says that a cop cannot shoot at a car. Read the NYS penal law douche bag... YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

on another note to all the brothers in the city stay safe on the 6th..goin to take alot of thick skin

o boy do i feel bad for the task forces and impact rookies that are getting detailed to it!

enjoy the OT guys

So you guys are saying that PD's have regulations that state they basically want you to get run down by a car if the vehicle is being used as a weapon against you? That seems pretty ridiculous to me.

I think the idea is to deter people from shooting at cars instead of getting out of the way! ohmy.gif

Another thought is that once you get rid of the threat - the driver - what happens to the ton and a half bullet that was aimed at you to begin with.

I've never agreed with the policy and honestly don't know what I would have done in the shoes of the NYPD that night but that is the policy.

And you're so right - better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Although, I'd probably opt for a non-jury trial in a case like this because you'll never get a jury of your peers. mad.gif

And you're so right - better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  Although, I'd probably opt for a non-jury trial in a case like this because you'll never get a jury of your peers.  mad.gif

Are you saying that it would be impossible to get an unbiased jury that would be able to judge the case based on the facts presented? Are you saying the news media has not given an unbiased report of the facts associated with this case?

I can't believe that you would think such a thing.... I am in shock, awe, and dismay of your pessimism Chris192...

Are you saying that it would be impossible to get an unbiased jury that would be able to judge the case based on the facts presented? Are you saying the news media has not given an unbiased report of the facts associated with this case?

I can't believe that you would think such a thing.... I am in shock, awe, and dismay of your pessimism Chris192...

[/Khas143's sarcasm] LOL!!!!!!

Cops have the toughest job in the world. I hate how people assume every time one fires their gun in SELF DEFENSE they are wrong!!! PLEASE!!!!

The NYPD is surrounded by people watching their every move all the time. If these guys didn't fire back would there be ANY investigation?! I doubt it.

I am so dismayed that the Mayor of New York City would publicly state his thoughts on this situation before a full investigation is completed. The police should have the benefit of the doubt every time, until such instance arises where malice or wrongdoing was committed with intent.

Then, you can punish an officer.

How must these 5 cops feel, they go into these sh--house clubs, working U/C, perceive that a crime is about to happen ( which they are trained to do), act on it, have their own lives in peril, control the outcome ( again they are trained for that), only to be told by the guy that signs their paycheck that it looks to the public that excessive force was used.

I thought Bloomberg was a standup guy, and smart enough to let the investigation take place before opening his mouth. Thats why morale is low and people dont want the job. Or they want it for the wrong reasons... do 20 years, never go for promotion, and get out with the right to carry a gun and badge for the rest of their life.

Bottom line is this, perception is not often reality. Ive been to too may funerals and watched too many kids cry. TAKE LEGITIMATE ACTION in these life or death circumstances (not over-reatcion) and even if the public questions it initally, the truth will prevail.

The mayors attempt at keeping the peace would have been honorable had he emphasized that we should npt be quick to make judgements.