Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ldrco195

The Ultimate Truck Co

10 posts in this topic

hahahaha...............ladder and rescue company listings

That rig is stocked with sooo much amazing equipment....I wonder how much it costs

They sold a Simon Duplex LTI RM tower & E-One Heavy Rescue.

I was lead to beleive this was just over 1 million

Wow, that is one very impressive setup they've got there. Amazingly well laid out, and it doesn't look like they've loaded it up with a bunch of useless junk either. Beautiful Pierce TDA to boot!

Nice rig and all, but they don't exactly seem busy enough to justify something that over-the-top. I mean, there's Departments here in Westchester running more calls then that and they don't even have a Rescue - just Engines with the tools to get their jobs done.

Like I said - awesome truck - just don't see the need. Maybe someone else in the know can enlighten me.

I disagree. They run close to 1000 calls a year, which isn't exactly slow for a volunteer dept. They've also consolidated two trucks into one, which is fiscally responsible and not often something you see. Most depts want to buy MORE trucks, not less.

Take a look around Rockland where basically EVERY dept has a heavy rescue, and most have aerials as well (some of us even have two), and there are only a handful that run anywhere near 1000 calls a year. "Busy enough" has nothing to do with it, you have to look at the overall response area, what their individual needs are and what type of calls they primarily run.

Edited by res6cue

Thats a well thought out rig.

That is nothing new to me. New Haven's Truck 2 out of Howard Avenue is a 100 foot Segrave tiller and had rescue and extrication equipment on it since it was closer to I-95 and at that time Engine 8 out of Whitney Avenue was the city's extrication / rescue unit. New haven now runs Squad 1 & 2 (rescue pumpers) and I think T-2 still has extrication equipment on it.