Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Another Site Closes Shop

2 posts in this topic

As of this date, the FDNY Rant board has closed it's public, open forum. The following message was posted by the Admin:

"First off I would like to thank all those that contributed in a postive way to this web-site. This by far has gotten out of hand with some of the "members" on here. So I will leave the FDNY members only section up. If anyone would like to join that send me a PM. And it takes a long time to confirm your employment, so be patient. Good luck to all . Be Safe And Never Forget.

Any member that wishes to join the FDNY members only site , you need to pm me with your Real Name , Company , grup # and tax # ... As in the past oncve you send me this info and I verify who you are I delete your info."

I have followed this site for quite some time and found some information and accounts very informative and at times, even fun. But as time went on, more of the similar problems we've faced here became too much of a turn-off, and now, obviously, too much of an aggrevation for the Admin. I completely understand the Admin's position and don't blame him. Hopefully the Rant will find more success in a member's only format and I wish them the best of luck.

Any of this sound familiar? It should. We've been taking big steps to improve the Forums here at EMTBravo by instituting the Verified Member Program without going with a full blown members only and closed format. Is that the next step? It could be.

The Rant is just another site anchored in an open forums format to shut it's doors. Recently we have also seen The Yonkers Tribune and News12.com's bulletin board and forum sections shut down or become member's only. One reason we would like to stay open and public is so that the Forums can be read by anyone in our respective fields, even those who choose not to become actively involved for whatever reason. Some of the information here is too important to hide from people with the responsibility of protective and preserving life and safety.

The biggest difference between EMTBravo and other sites is that we have a lower level of tolerance. What may tick off a few people is what is keeping this site alive and thriving. What we expect is clear. What we offer is exclusive. There is no other site like this on the Net and it's yours -free.

EMTBravo has come a long away with over 5,000 members and will continue to improve. I'd like to personally thank the Membership for making this site what it is and look forward to logging in every day.

Happy Holidays!

Mike

Truck4

Thanks Mike, very well said, I hope all members will read- and understand. And thanks again for all your numerous hours a week of hard work on these forums- both obvious and behind the scenes, and for your support in making this forum possible for our awesome members.