Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ndemarse

12/15/06 - Bronx - 10-75

4 posts in this topic

A little job in a private dwelling that I caught on my way home from work. I was 4 buildings away from this fire about 5 minutes before the box was transmitted. I normally drive down Bronxwood Ave to go home. By the time the box was transmitted, I was at 233 & Bronx Blvd. Then I got stuck behind some skell driving 7mph down the middle of Carpenter Ave. It wasn't going well for me from the get go.

A very unusual building layout set back behind a 1 story 4 car garage. It was very hard to get an angle on the building to shoot photos.

Date: 12/15/06

Time: 18:52 hours

Box #: 3671

Address: 757 E 219th Street X Bronxwood Ave

Building: 3 Story Frame PD 20x60

Fire Location: 2nd Floor

More Photos Here: http://www.nycfire.net/gallery1/FDNY06-77

user posted image

Conditions upon my arrival. Two rooms of fire have been knocked down, but heavy fire still vents from one window on the second floor. Other members are preparing to cut the garage doors on side 1.

Just to add to this, in a real heads up move by the 15 Bn, they asked for the additional Engine and Truck before the 10-75 was transmitted. Got a little hairy in the office as this was just about the change of tours for us. Once again it is nice to see Nate getting some visible fire there.

Just out of curiosity was Rescue 3 there...i see a guy who seems to have a "3" on his helmet and looks like my uncle tongue.gif

p.s. great shots!

Just out of curiosity was Rescue 3 there...i see a guy who seems to have a "3" on his helmet and looks like my uncle tongue.gif

p.s. great shots!

Thanks bro,

Yes, R-3 was there. Who is your uncle?

Nate