Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Incident Alert And Commerical Paging Services

3 posts in this topic

Members-

The Incident Alert forum is provided and maintained for free for our members to log and keep track of the various incidents in the area.

Recently, we've noticed several, for-profit, commercial paging services either stealing our members Incident Alerts to send over their paging systems (to which people pay to subscribe to), or worse yet to me, trying to "poach" our IA writers to "Dispatch" for them.

Our members that post IA's often use information that's not available on a scanner- such as friends and connections in departments, and sometimes they were even the ones on scene and come back and file an IA. Our IA Mod and Deputy Admin Truck4 often reviews and edits these IA's for accuracy and completness.

For these commercial paging companies, who profit off this information by selling it to subscribers, to come on here and not only basically steal and retransmit our information is bad enough. But for a member to PM another member to try and "recruit" him or her to not post on here and "dispatch" for them with the lure of "prizes" or "points" is just insulting and unscrupulous. Basically, we could make money off the IA system, but we don't...and they take advantage of that.

I am aware of some of the members that are involved in such, and their dispatcher ID's. It's quite apparent when you post something given information only certain people could get, and then it gets retransmitted over the paging system, word for word.

After subscribing to one of the "big three" paging networks in the area to investigate this after a few tips, the only pages I was getting for Westchester was what was posted on this website.

If any member has more information regarding this, please email me EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com.

-EMTBravo

P.S. We'd like to do our own "Buff Page System", but that's not what Incident Alert is about or is going to be. It's an Incident log.

BNN 414 (Breaking News Network)-

I'm glad we can do your work for you. It's wonderful that people pay for BNN's pager service so you can rip off the news from this FREE site. Keep up the great work. If there's anything else we can do for you, so you can be even more lazy, let us know.

And, by the way, there was no homicide in Yonkers today. Front St X Stone Pl. doesn't even exist. Consider yourself owned.

Truck4

MEMO

To: Breaking News Network

Re: Eastchester Rollover 11-27-07

1) May I suggest confriming incidents before paging them out. This way, you would not have so many 'fake' jobs people would think were real. But what do you care, people still pay you.

2) I, again, am glad I can do the work for you. For free. If there's anything else we can do for you, so you can be even more lazy, let us know.

Sincerely,

Truck4