Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Digital Camera Batteries

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, first of all merry Xmas to everyone. I just got a digital camera; it is a Samsung digimax S500. It is a great camera but I have one problem with it and was wondering if anyone had a solution for me. My batteries always die after taking like 10 -15 shots. Does anyone have a solution to this problem other than to bring extra batteries along? Do any companies make a long lasting battery that would allow me to take 50 shots instead of 10? Right now I have Duracell’s in there and like I said above the die very quickly. Thanks in advance and have a safe and happy holiday

JS

I used to have that problem also. I know use the Duracell Ultra's or the Energizer E2. I found out they last a lot longer. I tried usung rechargables but they seemed to die out far more quickly than a standard battery.

Use the Green/Silver Energizer rechargable batteries. They are expensive but get the job done. Usually last's me an average of 15-20 days believe it or not. Although I only Use my camera for Fire Apparatus and buffing jobs not like for scenery and what not.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

What the NR Buff said. I use the green rechargables and they work out just fine.

thanks guys. i will give that a try. i was buffing a call the other day for the first time with a camera and my camera died on me. one more question, where can i get those batteries from. hopefully this will work thanks for the tips and have a merry x mas

thanks guys.  i will give that a try.  i was buffing a call the other day for the first time with a camera and my camera died on me.  one more question, where can i get those batteries from.  hopefully this will work thanks for the tips and have a merry x mas

Best Buy, Circut City, Target, & I found them in CVS once. Don't go to radio shack because they only sell their brand batteries.

Also try using the viewing lens instead of the full screen, that will help conserve battery power.

The battery that my Nikon uses last really long, I have a back up battety that I have never had to use. The battery that came with it lasts so long that even out in winter in the cold weather for hours it doesnt even drop in charge. Its really good.