Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LODD: FF Sidney Hall, Upland FD, Indiana

3 posts in this topic

Very sad, I hoped and assumed he'd make it through and be OK....May he rest in peace.

[attachmentid=1842]

FF Sidney Hall, TheIndyChannel.com

Firefighter dies after being trapped in burning house

January 5, 2007

AP

UPLAND, Ind. - Fire officials say an Upland volunteer firefighter who was injured when a floor collapsed beneath him in a burning home has died.

Sidney Hall was a member of the Upland Volunteer Fire Department and had a wife and two sons.

Hall became trapped him in the basement of the burning house on Wednesday, and authorities say seven other firefighters suffered lesser injuries rescuing him.

Hall was taken to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne in critical condition after the fire. The Upland Volunteer Fire Department said today that Hall had died.

The department says Hall was an Indiana certified first class firefighter who was trained in arson investigation.

He had been part of the Upland department for about 10 years as secretary and training coordinator.

from the AP:

State Fire Marshal Roger Johnson said it was difficult to take the loss.

"It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life to be there today with the family as this moment approached and we knew the end was near," Johnson said. "My heart just went out."

Hall was taken to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne in critical condition after the fire.

"Sid was a valuable member of our family and department and will be greatly missed," the Upland Fire Department said in a statement.

Hall's wife and two sons, along with members from the fire department, had been with Hall at the hospital Thursday, the department said.

post-839-1168051081.jpg

Edited by hoss

Rest in peace brother!

Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers To Firefighter Halls Family, Friends, and to the Upland Community. Rest in Peace, Brother.