Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HT1250 UHF 450 - 512 Mhz

7 posts in this topic

Looking to purchase a Motorola HT1250 thats in the 450 - 512 Mhz range to plug in the new Westchester Freqs as well as NYC EMS Freqs. Any offers or guidance would be more than helpful. Thanks ahead of time guys!

I just bought a UHF ht1250 from Technical Electronics in New Rochelle on Garden St. There # is 914-576-3604 (If you cant find one on ebay or here thats probably the best way to go)

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

The HT1250 is not a bad radio. Not as durable was the HT1000. Depending on what you are going to use your radio for, I would recommend the HT1000 over the 1250. There are many different version of the HT1000 for sale on eBay. Just my 2 cents.

[before you purchase a radio to do the Smartzone trunking, which the HT1250LS will not do, you will have to get a MTS2000 that covers the 450-512 range and there are not many of them most only cover 403-478 Mhz. You just might have to purchase on of the Moneyrola XTL portables but again not just to do the conventional but trunkling mode. If you just want to listen purchase a scanner that will do the UHF trunking.

FYI - to have access to the Trunked System will require authorization. A program key (password) is required to program the parameters of the system (system ID, etc.).

For Fireground and conventional frequencies, only programming software is required.

FYI - to have access to the Trunked System will require authorization. A program key (password) is required to program the parameters of the system (system ID, etc.).

For Fireground and conventional frequencies, only programming software is required.

Not to mention that the 1250 you buy must be a trunked version. If you do get the trunked version, you will only have access to 16 channels.

Well, i looked on ebay, and im not spending a grand on a XTS2500, 3000, or 5000. I guess ill have to look into other options