Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

FDNY Test 1/20/07 (This Saturday!)

3 posts in this topic

So who on the board is taking this test?

Also, my big question is....Is it true if your NOT a minority, then you're chances of getting on is very slim even if you did well?

According to what I've read, being a minority has nothing to do with increasing your chances of getting on. I believe that the "minority quota" that FDNY has to fulfill is a myth. The only thing FDNY did from my understanding was reach out to minorities through ads and extending the filing period to allow more minorities to apply for the job.

Theres a lot of debate about this topic and I feel that a lot of people have the wrong ideas about it. I believe that what FDNY has done only promotes the recruitment of minorities. I DON'T believe that FDNY will pick a minority who has done worse on his written exam over someone else just because of the color of their skin.

Its a civil service test that due to its popularity and controversy is heavily monitored. You take the test and get your score. The points you recieve for residency, legacy,and military serice are added to this score. This year the physical is pass/fail so there are no additional point to be made or lost here. Those with the highest score get called first. Everyone with the same score is ranked according to the last five digits of your SSN (112-34-5678 = 45678).