Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest alsfirefighter

BLACK SUNDAY

2 posts in this topic

Thanks to Hudson for posting the article. It is on the main page currently at www.nymag.com. READ IT!!!

Jeff Cool begged fire commissioner Nicholas Scopetta to bring back personal-safety ropes. Now he’s become an activist on the subject, lecturing at fire trade events and lobbying officials around the country. New York’s getting them is not enough, he says—though he says it’s clear why the men didn’t have them that day. “I’m telling you right now, it had everything to do with dollars.†As sure as he’s standing there, he says, the $375 rope he’d bought with his own credit card saved him and Joe DiBernardo. Now he wants national legislation for every firefighter to have one. Failing that, he’d like the National Fire Protection Association to change its standards to include personal ropes and harnesses for each firefighter. He’s also lectured probies on the subject, “but I think I scared the s*** out of them, because I haven’t been asked back.â€

Keep scaring the s*** out of all them Jeff and a many of us will help you along the way, spread your word that we also believe in!

I just read the article and I cant stop thinking about everything that this article talks about..............

I mean this situation was the where everything seemed to go wrong AT ONCE

it is amazing that so many things could and did go wrong

Train hard, Train often and Pray

Edited by bvfdjc316