Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sr71

Manufacturers Of Vehicle Warning Devices

3 posts in this topic

i have always been courious about vehicle lighting and warning systems. and the history behidn the brands. today after looking at tarytowns new chief's car i noticed that the brand of lighting and siren was one that ive never herd of before. the brand is called "sound off Signal" anyone know about this company and is it a quality product? down here in farfield county theres prodominatly whelen, federal signal and alittle code 3. so this is a new brand to me(lol)

and which brand out of these (in your opinion) is best

thanks

sr71

Lets see I can think of Whelen, Federal Signal, Code3/PSE Amber, Sound Off Signal, Nova Electronics, Star Signal, and 911EP. I have to say that Whelen, Nova and Federal Signal are at the top of my favorites list. As far as history, there is a lot of history behind Whelen and Federal Signal. Whelen had the first strobe lightbar (which I'm sure some people here remember) and you can never forget the old Federal Signal rotators! As far as your question to Sound Off, I have installed thier products before and I don't think they are as good as those of the bigger companies mostly because the bigger companies like Whelen and Federal Signal make thier own parts in thier own factories, except for actual light bulbs and L.E.D.'s and pour lots of money into thier engineering departments. I work for a company that outfits police cars, EMS fly cars, Fire Chief vehicles and other types of cars/trucks in Southern Westchester. I've seen a lot of products and in the end Sound Off is requested maybe 25% of the time at most.

thanks for the info StrobeGuRu it was a big help