Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ndemarse

01/18/06 - Bronx - 10-75

2 posts in this topic

Another taxpayer job that was taken care of rather quickly. I'm still living up to my title of "Overhaul Photographer"!

Date: 01/18/07

Time: 19:48

Box: 4148

Address: 3710 E Tremont Ave X Randall Ave

Building: 1 Story Taxpayer 100x50

Fire Location: 1st Floor

More Photos Here: http://www.nycfire.net/gallery1/FDNY07-01

user posted image

user posted image

I had the tour for this fire. E-72 and Ladder 50 got in late after taking up from a CO detector in the projects over on Dewey Avenue. 50 Truck got put to work after being designated as FAST, 97 Engine got turned around and then sent back in after the all hands and the 20 asked for the additional E and T. 41 Truck went in FAST after 50 got put to work.

Side note, this is at least the second fire in this row of taxpayers than I can remember. The first one was in October of 1997. It was about 1 or 2 in the morning on a Saturday morning. Yours truly was working my second night tour as a probie dispatcher up in the Bronx, and I had the radio. It went to a third alarm. Three stores destroyed. If the fire the other night had been reported at the same time as the one in 97, it probably woulda been another multiple alarm.

Side note numbah two, this is at least the fifth multiple on that stretch of Tremont from the Bruckner to Randall Avenue in the past 10-15 years. The three that come to mind for me were the first in this particular row of stores, the one where the gas tanker hit the row on the corner of Tremont and Bruckner(90 or 91, I was still in HS and a few people I work with worked that one) and one on the corner of Tremont and Lafayette in 99 or 2000. That one I took in in the middle of a date with an old flame from HS (insert snide remarks here).

Edited by JBE