Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Dutchess County Undersheriff

2 posts in this topic

Dutchess Undersheriff dies

Poughkeepsie – Dutchess County Undersheriff J.J. Thompson died Sunday following a long illness. He was 55.

Sheriff Adrian Anderson and he knew each other during their entire professional careers and Anderson said he will be missed.

“We had a lot of good times together and he did an awful lot for Dutchess County and the men and women in law enforcement here,” said the sheriff.

Thompson was a resident of Red Hook.

County Executive William Steinhaus has directed all county government facilities to fly their flags at half mast to honor Thompson. “We are all saddened by the loss of our friend and co-worker,” Steinhaus said.

Thompson served in the sheriff’s office for 34 years; he became Undersheriff in 2000.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/Thompson_obit-29Jan07.htm

Dutchess Undersheriff dies

Poughkeepsie – Dutchess County Undersheriff J.J. Thompson died Sunday following a long illness. He was 55.

Sheriff Adrian Anderson and he knew each other during their entire professional careers and Anderson said he will be missed.

“We had a lot of good times together and he did an awful lot for Dutchess County and the men and women in law enforcement here,” said the sheriff.

Thompson was a resident of Red Hook.

County Executive William Steinhaus has directed all county government facilities to fly their flags at half mast to honor Thompson. “We are all saddened by the loss of our friend and co-worker,” Steinhaus said.

Thompson served in the sheriff’s office for 34 years; he became Undersheriff in 2000.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/Thompson_obit-29Jan07.htm

JJ will be missed by many, he was a great friend, i got to know him very early in my FF career and got to know him much more the last few years. Rest in Peace JJ i will missyou.