Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lad12derff

chief officers

5 posts in this topic

This is in response to sending 3 chiefs on mutual aid. I understand that to many chiefs and not enough indians is a problem and that's what should be addressed. so here so my question is:

What depts have at least 1 chief who works in their community that can respond to all calls?

What depts have no chiefs that work in their communities and strip them of service?

This seems to be a concern to some of you for a mutual aid call but not a concern when it comes to day to day operations.

All are chiefs work in town the 1st asst and myself work for the Harrison DPW and the head chief works for the school district. As for mutal aid only one chief will go depending on the call. And for I95&Hutch jobs we try to keep one chief in service.

Edited by HFD750

All are chiefs work in town the 1st asst and myself work for the Harrison DPW and the head chief works for the school district. As for mutal aid only one chief will go depending on the call. And for I95&Hutch jobs we try to keep one chief in service.

Nice to hear a voice of reason out there....only 1 chief going on mutual aid...at times a rare thing indeed in Westchester!!!

between the 3 dept's in the town of trumbull we have that works for the highway dept, one who is a fire marshal and can respond and 2 others that work in the area

My dept has 2 chiefs in town -- Only one on mutual aid depending on the department calling. I cant stress enough the importance of having a chief in town -- I know its unrealistic for some depts but it is great when it does work out that way.