Wallkill (Orange)- Multi-Fatal MVA 02-02-07

6 posts in this topic

Wallkill

Rt 300 & Orachard Dr

fd o/s of a 2 car mva heavy entrapment 3 tools at work, 4 medevacs being used

Wallkill

Rt 300 & Orachard Dr

fd o/s of a 2 car mva heavy entrapment 3 tools at work, 4 medevacs being used

It was very tragic , check the paper in the morning. Not good at all.

Arrow

Poughkeepsie Journal

Friday, February 2, 2007

Two Wallkill teens killed, two others injured in wreck

NEWBURGH — A 17-year-old and a 15-year-old were killed early Friday morning and at least three others were hurt in a three car crash on Route 300, state police said.

It’s unclear what caused 17-year-old Karon Lawrence, who had three fellow teens in his car, to lose control as he tried to negotiate a curve about 7:15 a.m. near Orchard Drive, state police said.

Lawrence’s vehicle slid into the opposite lane, where it collided with another vehicle driven by 41-year-old Glenn Bo of Wallkill. A third car trying to avoid the accident wound up hitting Bo’s vehicle.

John Lopez, 15, of Wallkill, was a passenger in the rear seat of Lawrence’s car, and was pronounced dead at the scene. Lawrence’s front seat passenger, Andrew Davis, 17, was later pronounced dead in the St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital emergency room.

It was unclear if either Lopez or Davis were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash, police said. Both were Wallkill High School students.

A fourth teen in Lawrence’s car was being treated for head trauma at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, N.Y., while Bo was also airlifted to Westchester for knee and back injuries.

The accident investigation shut down Route 300 for at least three hours, police said.

Photo from WNBC.com

post-3627-1170472764.jpg

This was across the street from where i live...i happened to leave from work late that day otherwise i would have been home about the time the accident happened....i was there for the tail end of it.

Many more problems occuring because of the accident in the school where the students went.

Times Herald-Record

February 06, 2007

Hamlet of Wallkill — It is 27 seconds long, shot through a bus window, almost certainly on a student's cell phone.

The light is gray and blue; it's just past 7 a.m. on Friday. Off the road, what appears to be a car — a Dodge Stratus, it turns out — pours steam. One orange parking light is on.

In situations like this, certain passer-by behavior is expected. Phones come out, pictures are snapped, videos filmed. There is always a morbid archivist among the rubberneckers. This crash was no different.

But the day after two Wallkill High School students died in a head-on collision, someone who filmed the immediate aftermath took it one step further.

They posted that video to the world on the site www.youtube.com.

"You should seriously be ashamed of yourself," someone wrote on the site.

"Delete it and show respect," wrote freakazoid91. Almost every other word to the video's poster, named skedneck, is a profanity or a threat.

Whoever skedneck is, he or she knew what this was. Its title: "crash 2.2.07. the crash on 300 where andrew davis and john lopez died."

Youtube.com pulled the video down by 3 p.m. yesterday, citing a "terms of use violation." It was back up 30 minutes later, then down again.

In the video, the bus pauses in front of an SUV, its front crushed, its driver door open. At least three men walk around the wreckage, and it's clear this just happened.

"There's help on the way," someone, likely the bus driver, said to a man in a dark jacket. "I called it in earlier."

The bus drives on, the camera turns to stay on the crash. Three people are lying on the ground. Someone in blue kneels over one of the them.

All but a few voices on the video are unintelligible.

"Oh my God," a girl blurts.

"Is it really?" a boy asks.

"Yes," another girl says.

"Oh my God," he says.

And the guy that filmed it and put on the internet got beat up by like 15 people and hes in the hospital and they had to close school earlier in the week due to near riots.