Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Uniden BC785D Digital Scanner Question

3 posts in this topic

I have just purchased the Uniden BC785D Digital Scanner ( UNIDEN BC785D APCO P25 TRUNKTRACKING SCANNER One of the features says "1,000 Beep Alerts". What does this mean? Is it tone alert capabilities?

Does anyone on this board have/like this scanner?

Thanks.

I have just purchased the Uniden BC785D Digital Scanner ( UNIDEN BC785D APCO P25 TRUNKTRACKING SCANNER One of the features says "1,000 Beep Alerts". What does this mean? Is it tone alert capabilities?

Does anyone on this board have/like this scanner?

Thanks.

I have a BR330T and the only two things i can think of is, you can set it to beep on certain frequencies when there is activity or like the 330T it may have a Tone Out mode.

The Beep Alert is not the same at the 396T or 996T tone out.

The Beep Alerts is a setting for a chime that goes off when there is activity on a channel you may want to listen to. When the scanner stops on that channel during a transmission, it set off the chime at the same time. It can be set on or off for ever channel of the 789, 785 & 790 XLT scanners. Its a cool feature but the problem is that if the signal is wee and the channel "squelches" a lot, the beep keep triggering. Its good for local channels. Personally I don't like it.