Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Radio Shack pro-2096 digital scanner

11 posts in this topic

Today I purchased the radio Shack pro-2096 digital scanner. So far it works well. I have an exterior antenna, have not been able to pick up westchester but that may be because I have the wrong frequency in. I use 453.975. Either way great scanner, good sound, however I do use speakers with the scanner.

Edited by nutty1

Those are nice just got one for my dad for his B-day.

I'm A Bearcat fan but RS/GRE has made some good scanners over the years, good luck with it.

Can you program that with a PC and how much do they go for.

Thanks

Chris

Can you program that with a PC and how much do they go for.

Thanks

Chris

You can run upgrades with your pc to update your digital signals. It's actually pretty simple to program. Even the alpha numeric lettering to name your channel is pretty simple. In CT are FD's all have different frequencies per town and city. I have about 6 towns and cities programmed in, included 3 police departments, two of which are digital. This scanner is on sale at radio shack until 3/3/07 for $399.99

$399.99 is a great price for a digital base scanner. I imagine after 3/3/07 it will shoot up to around $550.00

$399.99 is a great price for a digital base scanner. I imagine after 3/3/07 it will shoot up to around $550.00

i just got a portable digital scanner and it works well when i can figure it out

try this feg. for westchester 472.250 its west harrrison repeater it works great i heaR all the depts. in westchester other feg. u can find at radioreference.commore than you can imagine

The 453.975 frequency is a link to 46.06 now, not 46.26. That could be why it's so quiet...

Try Mohegan's link - 453.275 - it is a repeater on steroids.

I Have the same scanner, and i payed only $199.00 In the whiteplains mall.. Where did you buy it??

Well usually Digital scanners are not cheap...

I Have the same scanner, and i payed only $199.00 In the whiteplains mall.. Where did you buy it??

radio shack. I am not saying I dont believe you, but thats hard to believe you payed $199.99. Digital scanners are not cheap.