Firefighter/HazMat Tech/EMT/Driver-Operator

2 posts in this topic

FIREFIGHTER

Salary Range: 39,539.00 - 39,539.00 USD per year

PAY SETTING REGULATIONS APPLY Open Period: Tuesday, March 13, 2007

to Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Series & Grade: GS-0081-07/07 Position Information:

Who May Be Considered:

Applications will be accepted from United States citizens and nationals.

Job Summary:

We currently have 6 openings for a FIREFIGHTERS.

This position will offer you:

**Excellent salary and benefits package

**A fulfilling and challenging work environment

**On-the-job growth and development with advancement opportunities!

**A chance to make a difference!

Location: VA HUDSON VALLEY HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, MONTROSE CAMPUS, NY

AND CASTLE POINT CAMPUSES

Hours Per Week: 56 HOUR SHIFTS, WITH ROTATION, WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS

Contact for Position Information: DELORES JONES @ 914-737-4400 X1-2246

THE CAREER YOU WANT, THE FUTURE YOU DESERVE

OPEN TO ALL US CITIZENS

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Actions to fill this position will not be based on discriminatory factors prohibited by law.

JOB SUMMARY: This firefighter position is not only to control and extinguish fires and rescue endangered persons but is also to control hazardous materials incidents.

This announcement is for a permanent, Career or Career-Conditional, appointment.

Key Requirements:

U.S. Citizenship

A valid state driver's license

EMT Certification valid in the state of New York

Major Duties:

• Serving as a firefighter crewmember assisting the operation of major pieces of firefighting apparatus

• Performing fire prevention inspections of all hospital areas, i.e., industrial shops, warehouses, admin facilities, laboratories, living quarters, etc.

• Insuring that all deficiencies found during inspections are corrected

• Rendering first aid and life saving measures as an ambulance driver/emergency medical technician

• Providing assessment of patient to professional medical care provider

• Conducting fire prevention training to all staff including new employees at orientation class

• Performing as a member of a team in controlling spills of hazardous or unknown substances

• Serving as a firefighter, driver/operator or crew chief as needed

Qualifications:

Serving as a firefighter crewmember assisting the operation of major pieces of firefighting apparatus

• Performing fire prevention inspections of all hospital areas, i.e., industrial shops, warehouses, admin facilities, laboratories, living quarters, etc.

• Insuring that all deficiencies found during inspections are corrected

• Rendering first aid and life saving measures as an ambulance driver/emergency medical technician

• Providing assessment of patient to professional medical care provider

• Conducting fire prevention training to all staff including new employees at orientation class

• Performing as a member of a team in controlling spills of hazardous or unknown substances

• Serving as a firefighter, driver/operator or crew chief as needed

CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER INFO:

USA Jobs

There have been some rumors about the VA in Montrose. I have heard that it may be closing in the next few years. This makes me wonder about the stability of this position. Is there any more information any one can provide? Would this be a stable job (as stable as any other job I mean)? I know there is no guarantee with any job that it will be around forever, especially with government fire departments. Is there any possibility that the department may be downsized or would the firefighters just be transferred to Castle Point?? Just lookng for more info and it would be appreciated. Thanks.