Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD994

Pawling EMS (Dutchess County)

13 posts in this topic

Starting today Northern Dutchess Paramedics have assumed the duties of providing the EMS service to the Town and Village of Pawling.

I guess Pawling saw the true righting on the walls... good for them.... I feel bad for Putnam County..........

Edited by Nicholas994

Starting today Northern Dutchess Paramedics have assumed the duties of providing the EMS service to the Town and Village of Pawling.

I guess Pawling saw the true wrighting on the walls... good for them.... I feel bad for  Putnam County..........

I guess they didn't see the spelling though! tongue.gif

Wow, I remember when NDP was just starting out and applied for their original certificate to operate in Dutchess. Boy have they grown!

Good luck to them and congratulations to the citizens of Pawling who will be receiving quality care from them!

Who was doing Pawling?

Way back it was Sloper. Who recently?

Sloper

Alamo

Empire

Northern Dutchess

Will this be a new NDP substation/district with dedicated units for Pawling or will they be expanding the coverage area of the Dover unit(s)?

Well the other day Empire was dispatched to a call to assist with ALS in Beacon and they never even keyed up a radio! Way to be involved with Dutchess County! They could of at least called and said they were not available.

Empire has just been a disaster with Dutchess County. Side effect of the change though is that supposedly NDP might be giving up some of their Western county territory.

Edited by AFD32519

Empire is just plain garbage, the employees are unprofessional and managment is terrible

The Putnam medics who stayed over from Alamo are almost all great - but i still miss working with those who refused to switch or left after the takeover.

Edited by 66Alpha1

I always thought it was interesting that most of the people who went over to Empire State when it started were the people who worked at Hudson Valley Ambulance (Community Medical Transport)...which went defunct!!!

I think the guy who runs Empire ran Hudson Valley at some point...

I think the guy who runs Empire ran Hudson Valley at some point...

You are right, he did. He ran that company into the ground and he seems to have begun doing the same to ESA.

He was my boss at CMT for a while. His theory seemed to be "kiss everyone's a** for a while then forget who they are."

Empire will vanish into the EMS Heavens - probably when one of their "kids" driving a rig like a bat out of hell crashes and kills someone. The lawsuit and potential criminal charges will bury that company beyond repair - that's just my opinion. It's too bad because a lot of people working there are good people and good EMS providers.

My predicition is that an ESA rig will crash and kill someone along Albany Post Road in either Buchanan or Montrose when going to one of the facilities in that area. I hope I am wrong.

My predicition is that an ESA rig will crash and kill someone along Albany Post Road in either Buchanan or Montrose when going to one of the facilities in that area.  I hope I am wrong.

I don't think you are wrong. If I were a member of the general public, I would think every ESA rig is en route to some critical call at Bethel. Seems like everyday I see them doing 50, 60 or 70 MPH, RLS, down Albany Post Road, just to then see them turn into Springvale.

Edited by INIT915