Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

How do you instanly waste $1.2 Million?

12 posts in this topic

**ohmy.gif Not For the Automotive Faint Hearted ohmy.gif**

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/e...ailToID=1410934

user posted image

IRWINDALE, California (AP) -- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth more than $1 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one of his past films, said after the accident. (Watch Griffin drive into the barrier, destroying the car Video)

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."

Edited by Porsha911gt3

im crying my eyes out

They should just take it out of Griffins paycheck.

Buy a seagrave tower ladder! Thats a waste of a million bucks!

Edited by roofsopen

The moral of the story is that this is what happens when you let Eddie Griffin act. His performances were always a trainwreck, now a car wreck also.

The moral of the story is that this is what happens when you let Eddie Griffin act. His performances were always a trainwreck, now a car wreck also.

Ummm, that's what his character is supposed to be like.

Buy a seagrave tower ladder!  Thats a waste of a million bucks!

well done! I wasn't going to specify a brand just a TL, but you beat me to it

BAH DUM BUMP!!! Give the man a hand!!!! Seriously, though, I say withold something to pay for the car. Like the royalties from this trainwreck/carwreck of a movie.

well done! I wasn't going to specify a brand just a TL, but you beat me to it

Are you sure it wasn't an E-ONE Bronto? THOSE are some EXPENSIVE rigs!

Mike

We had our rig just an hour and a half and it was a $950k paper weight due to a shredded cooling fan due to a twisting cab! Supposedly Cassano put the kabosh on us getting our old rig or a spare, he said fix it! So 3 hours a shaved down new fan blade we were on our way back to quarters!

We had our rig just an hour and a half and it was a $950k paper weight due to a shredded cooling fan due to a twisting cab!  Supposedly Cassano put the kabosh on us getting our old rig or a spare, he said fix it!  So 3 hours a shaved down new fan blade we were on our way back to quarters!

Sounds like there is a good possibility that you are talking about an E-One?? cool.gif