Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huzzie59

FDNY Puts Out To Bid Fast Response Fireboats

12 posts in this topic

BID - COMPETITIVE SEALED BID FOR CONSTRUCTION OF TWO (2) FAST RESPONSE FIREBOATS

Bid Due Date: May 31, 2007

Bid Due Date Time: 4:00 PM

Non-Mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting: April 19, 2007

Meeting Time: 1:30 PM

Location: FDNY, 9 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201, First (1st) Floor Auditorium

Bids shall be submitted to the attention of:

K. LeGrandNew York City Fire Department 9 MetroTech Center 5th Floor, Room 5S-01KBrooklyn, New York 11201

Bids received at this Location after the Bid Due Date and Time are late and will not be accepted by the Agency, except as provided under New York City’s Procurement Policy Board Rules.

I thought that Robert Allen got the bid for the fireboats.

Mike

Are you confusing the bid from last year for two larger boats? The ones to replace Marine 1 and 9?

Perhaps these are new all together.

I don't think so, I think this would be for the two small boats they use during the boating season. The two surface effect boats are already in production I thought.

didnt marine 1 alpha go into service last year. its smaller so it can fit into some bays where regular marine 1 couldnt its also alot faster i remember last yeqar during one incedent in riverdale marine 1alpha had an eta of about 10 minutes while the regular marine would have taken a whole hour

usually stay away from this apparatus stuff...Robert Allan is the Naval Architect, no bids went out before, they finally got approval to send them out...they are for the 140' boats...the SAFE boats are currently being constructed, including the first 57' SAFE boat...the end

usually stay away from this apparatus stuff...Robert Allan is the Naval Architect, no bids went out before, they finally got approval to send them out...they are for the 140' boats...the SAFE boats are currently being constructed, including the first 57' SAFE boat...the end

jeezee, couldn't you leave at least some room for speculation and missinformation

jeezee, couldn't you leave at least some room for speculation and missinformation

He's just not that much fun.

Can I try?! I hear that Robert Allen was drwing up a sea-plane. True? THis way they can dump water on forrest fires huh.gif

check and mate...don't forget the helicopter, submarine and cement mixer...the last is just for breaking in probies

Are you confusing the bid from last year for two larger boats?  The ones to replace Marine 1 and 9?

Perhaps these are new all together.

I guess i was confusing it with the others.

Mike

I guess i was confusing it with the others.

Mike

no you were right, but not the bid, the drawings...those are the boats slated for replacement are 1 & 9