Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

$50,000 to $60,000 stolen in Newburgh bank robbery

1 post in this topic

Town of Newburgh bank robbed

Newburgh — A robber made off with a large amount of cash from the Bank of America on Route 300 this morning.

Town police said the robber entered around 9:45 a.m., said he had a gun — but did not show one — and handed a teller some bags to put the money in.

He then got in the passenger seat of a waiting light-colored sport utility vehicle on Route 300 and fled south.

Police Chief Charles Kehoe could not confirm early reports that as much as $50,000 to $60,000 was taken, but said the amount taken was "substantial."

The robber, a male about 30 years old and 6 feet tall, was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt with white lettering on the back. Police could not confirm early reports the message on the shirt was: "I ain't got no money."

Anyone who might have been in the vicinity of the bank at the time of the robbery is asked to call town police at 564-1100.

This guy definitely has a sense of humor. When I told co-workers about this they all got a good chuckle. When this guy gets caught, he will be saying "I wish I never stole that money" for a very long time! ohmy.gif

$50,000 to $60,000 that is a lot of cash to carry!

-------------------------------

A few hours later.....

Another bank robbed today, this time in Wallkill

April 10, 2007

Town of Wallkill — Two people robbed the TD Banknorth branch on Route 211 in the second bank robbery in Orange County today.

The call about the robbery came over the scanner about 1 p.m. Police are looking for a man and a woman who fled in their car toward the Red Lobster restaurant. Police have not released a description of the suspects or the car, though emergency reports mentioned a silver Chrysler.

There were no weapons displayed during the robbery, police said. A man passed a note to the teller demanding money. Police are still reviewing bank security tapes.

This morning, a man robbed the Bank of America branch on Route 300 in the Town of Newburgh.

Check back on recordonline.com later today for updates.

Edited by JetPhoto