Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Pleasantville FAST to be trained on EXO PSS

6 posts in this topic

This Sunday April 15th the Pleasantville Fire Department FAST team will be training and issued the Pentzl EXO PSS bail out system. This is the ONLY PSS bail out system that has been approved by NFPA. We will be the first Department in NY State to be issued these belts besides FDNY who developed the system. We will have a class room session on Thursday night at our HQ and all day bail outs @ the FTC on Sunday. It is a great system and can't wait to use it this weekend.

Couple of quick questions chief...

Are you getting the older bag that hangs low off the right leg or the newer one that is a bit smaller and rides more comfortably?

Are you training the full dept on this or is this just a small lets give it a try thing?

Last, is this an invitation for others to join you guys, watch you guys, or are you just showing off?? cool.gif

It is the new bag. We are training the 20 members of the FAST team. This was part of the big plan. We started purchasing our gear with a left side opening because you need a left side opeing gemtor belt to go along with this system. This isn't a trail it is an investemnt in our memebers that are going out and getting the extra training needed to be quailfied. We spent over $6000 on the Exo for Twenty members, $5000 in training and twenty sets of gear and gemtor belts over the past year. So it is no small thing. We have a lot of guys working hard and doing extra training every month to stay on the FAST team. We are tring to get on the map and get our team out there. Yes if anyone wants to come down and check out the system this weekend they are more then welcome. If you are interested in it you should come down because before you can get it you need the training from http://www.firegroundtech.com/index.cfm?section=1 They are the only certified people that can train you on the system. Then the system is issued to you and it is not transferable to another member.

Good job chief and to those involved with this project. Hopefully more guys will get the training so they can get this equipment. So now we've got NYC, New Ro (right??), and Pleasantville. Who's next??

Time for me to preach...

This is a great system. I am in no way advocating this, but "allegedly" you could even get an unconcious ff out a window with it. If you can swing the expense and you consider being a firefighter a job then you need to get it. If you can't swing the $500 I fully understand, but then you had better have some rope and a heavy steel beaner in your pocket.

Good Luck to all.

I hope you can clarify something for me? Is this the personal bail out system? And if so, is this survival that the members are taking as opposed to Fast?

No this doesn't replace the FAST or Survial Training this is on top of that training as well. Yes it is a Personal bail out system that is going to be issued by the department.