Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpgfire93

Westchester Community College Paramedic Program

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about the WCC medic Program? Has the Program got better or is it still the same?

Not sure about the WCC program,

If you are interested in a medic program look into some of the classes run by city hospitals. St Vincents offers a day and evening class plus a lot of clinical sites.

WCC's program has really gone downhill from what I hear in the past few years. The old instructor left and the program is being run by Steve Nardozzi last I heard. The old instructor (Mike Kaufman) was apparently rather unpopular. As such enrollment is dangerously low. I wonder if the program will be around next year. A few people I know are in the Vinny's program in Queens (they have one in midtown - actually looking for a new CIC too) and one in Queens. Latest local suggestions are to go to Dutchess. Rockland seems a good alternative tho I have not heard anything about thier program and Scott left to move to California.

WCC's program this year is being run by the new CIC Rob Gurliacci (sp?). There are over 30 people enrolled this year..... I understand that Rockland's program is shutting down or will be......

Really? Rob took over as CIC huh? Excellent. I think he will make a very good instructor. As for RCC's program, anything is possible. I understand Mary left a while back and Scott is now moving Westward. There is a new lady coming in to take over the CCEMT-P coordination. I do not know if she will be doing the EMT-P as well.

Rob is in fact the new CIC for WCC. One of the finest additions that the college could have gotten. (hey gotta make sure I still get my hours, lol).

Rob's appointment as the CIC for WCC's program is a terrific step-and I think the county's paramedic drought will begin to stabilize, as he gets the program in gear and people stop going outside for a good learning experience. Rob has been teaching all over-he's definitely a heck of an instructor. Let's support him and the program-the county needs it, and so do all those doing massive amounts of OT (sorry WAS, you just do it for the $) because there ain't nobody around to do all the shifts;)

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.....huh? what?....let me be...I'm working hard for my OT.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't go to St. Vincent's CMC in Queens, it's awful. Their students have to do clinical time on my truck and I have yet to see one as well prepared as any from NY Methodist or SUNY Stony Brook in LI. Bottom line, don't waste your money at CMC when there are plenty of better options in the area.

jl008h,

I think every program has high achievers and those who just get by. You cant judge a whole program just by a few students.

The paramedic drought won't be ended because of the new and improved WCC paramedic program. The only difference is that more are going to WCC for the program then those whom were attending DCC's and other surrounding programs.

The paramedic drought will always be because of the agencies in the area, the pay rate and benefits (or lack thereof). Until some of these agencies get real on what they are paying their employees, as well as some of their riduculous policies and knack at beating up their employees nothing will ever change.