Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AFD-PM

Running Books

9 posts in this topic

I am in the Process of updating my departments running books. I was wondering how often you update your books as well as how you do it?

I am in the Process of updating my departments running books.  I was wondering how often you update your books as well as how you do it?

Running books? I'm not familiar with the term. Can you elaborate?

Street Maps, hydrant locations and house numbers. Sorry, thats what we call them i bet other departments have there own names.

I just finished doing mine and had to add some streets to the CAD.

You should update every six months to a year or as soon as you hear there is a change and then make an amendment to the run books.

How do u make the changes? Do you use a computer program or hand write them in?

How were they done originally...if on a computer program..ie microsoft word...you can find the original and just correct, edit, and add the information and save and print and then the format remains the same.

If they are handwritten, why not type them up and save them on a disk (cd/dvd) for backup purposes and easy copying and distribution. As well typed is always more legible than someone else chicken scratch!

Edited by Oswegowind

I wish it was that easy to just do that. Thanks for the help so far and if anyone has a specific program i would love to know that.

What is preventing it? I mean at some time we all had to do something like this for our departments. It is just a matter of doing it right.