Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

WCC EMT Summer Classes

9 posts in this topic

WCC - Westchester Community College

SUMMER 2007 EMT Course Offerings

EMT-Basic Original (DAY - Mon / Tues / Wed / Thurs)

Dates: June 24, 2007-August 16, 2007

Times: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM (M-Th)

Place: Westchester Community College, Science Building Room 346

Cost: $778.50. Tuition and fees. (Reimbursement funding may be

available for eligible members of a NYS EMS Agency.)

REF. #: 4359

Course Offering

EMT-Basic Original (EVE - Mon / Tues / Thurs)

Dates: June 4, 2007-August 16, 2007

Times: 6:30-9:30 PM

Cost: $778.50. Tuition and fees. (Reimbursement funding may be

available for eligible members of a NYS EMS Agency.)

REF #: 9093

Course Offering

EMT-Basic Refresher (Sundays)

Dates: June 10, 2007- August 16, 2007

Times: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM

Cost: $335.00. Tuition and fees.

(Reimbursement funding may be available for eligible members of a NYS

EMS Agency. You MUST present an Agency Verification Form. Membership

verification form should be brought to class on June 10th. Form may be

downloaded @ http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/pdf/doh3312.pdf )

Practical skill sheets may be downloaded at:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/pdf/emtpse08-06.pdf

Textbooks for all classes are available at the WCC bookstore or

WWW.EMSBOOKS.com <http://www.emsbooks.com/>

For further information please contact:

Westchester Community College

Department of Prehospital EMS

75 Grasslands Road

Valhalla, NY 10595-1698

(914) 606-6796

www.wccems.com

or

EMS@sunywcc.edu

how is it that the night classes are available three days a week only for three hours but if you take the day course it seven hours, four days a week? and the classes run for almost the same amount of time.... how does that make any sense?

Edited by FireRescue77

how is it that the night classes are available three days a week only for three hours but if you take the day course it seven hours, four days a week? and the classes run for almost the same amount of time.... how does that make any sense?

look at the dates...the evening classes are longer by a couple of weeks, i'm sure thats how they make up the time

maybe someone can refresh my memory...is the refresher course for ppl who lost their cert, and want to get recertified, or is it for ppl who are about to lose it and want to get practice before they recert???

also, cant you challenge the exam if you are expired, and pass early??? i remember when i took it last time, a bunch of ppl challenged the exam and got their recerts

I guess you should call:

Westchester Community College

Department of Prehospital EMS

(914) 606-6796

biggrin.gif

The night class is a number of weeks longer than the day class, and if we need to we will hold an extra class or two on a Friday evening or Saturday morning. I went through the night program and have been back every summer since to assist in practical skills teaching. I highly recommend it.

look at the dates...the evening classes are longer by a couple of weeks, i'm sure thats how they make up the time

maybe someone can refresh my memory...is the refresher course for ppl who lost their cert, and want to get recertified, or is it for ppl who are about to lose it and want to get practice before they recert???

also, cant you challenge the exam if you are expired, and pass early??? i remember when i took it last time, a bunch of ppl challenged the exam and got their recerts

Truckie, you have a year grace period. If your cert has expired for a year plus your going to have take the entire NYS EMT-B curriculum again. If you are not over a year expired, you can sign up for the refresher. You will then take a test covering all EMT-B knowledge, it will be scored and your instructor will let you know what you need remediation on. After you have completed all your remediation you then test out on your skills and if/when you pass the PSE your cleared for the paper exam.

The night class is a number of weeks longer than the day class, and if we need to we will hold an extra class or two on a Friday evening or Saturday morning. I went through the night program and have been back every summer since to assist in practical skills teaching. I highly recommend it. 

Truckie, you have a year grace period. If your cert has expired for a year plus your going to have take the entire NYS EMT-B curriculum again. If you are not over a year expired, you can sign up for the refresher. You will then take a test covering all EMT-B knowledge, it will be scored and your instructor will let you know what you need remediation on. After you have completed all your remediation you then test out on your skills and if/when you pass the PSE your cleared for the paper exam.

gotcha...ya, i think i'm screwed then. i think mine expired at least 2 years ago...

so at this point, i would pretty much have to take the whole course over again huh??? theres no option to challenge or anything like that?

thanks, I appreciate your help

gotcha...ya, i think i'm screwed then.  i think mine expired at least 2 years ago...

so at this point, i would pretty much have to take the whole course over again huh??? theres no option to challenge or anything like that?

thanks, I appreciate your help

If your expired 2 years, your going to have to take the class over. You can only challenge out via written exam prior to and up to a year after your expiration.

I could be wrong because I registered for the class a few weeks ago, but I believe that the 9093, evening class is actually Monday Tuesday Wednesday. Like I said I registered 3 to 4 weeks ago and they might have changed it since then.

9093 EMS 101 EMERGENCY MEDICAL

SVC 1 5.0 5.0 MTW

6:30P 9:30P SCI 0367 STAFF $10.00

6/4-8/16/07 NYS WRITTEN EXAM 8/16/07

I could be wrong because I registered for the class a few weeks ago, but I believe that the 9093, evening class is actually Monday Tuesday Wednesday.  Like I said I registered 3 to 4 weeks ago and they might have changed it since then. 

9093  EMS  101    EMERGENCY MEDICAL

SVC 1    5.0      5.0    MTW

6:30P  9:30P SCI 0367    STAFF              $10.00

6/4-8/16/07 NYS WRITTEN EXAM 8/16/07

Thats all correct, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 6:30p - 9:30p.