Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Florida Is On Fire

6 posts in this topic

There are so many brush fires in all of Florida right now that smoke has visability at highly reduced levels state wide.

The Georgia wildfires have jumped the state line into Nassau, Baker, Columbia, Hamilton Counties in the North... In Central Florida the Wekiva Reserve is burning in Seminole & Orange Counties and there are big fires in Lake and Flagler Counties, and I-75 is closed in several spots in SW Florida through Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier Counties.

I woke up this morning with my new Dodge Ram covered in ash particles. The Citrus bowl in Orlando is a 1/2 mile from the I4 SR408 interchange and is usually clear as day.... It's totally blocked by the haze of smoke that has filled downtown Orlando.

Edited by mfc2257

any way you can get/take some pics?

any way you can get/take some pics?

If the Wekiva Reserve is still burning this tomorrow I may be able to. Other wise It'll be tough to get the time.

There is a subtropical storm off the east coast and that hopefully will help extinguish the fires. If it doesn't make landfall though it's wind will only hurt.

damn penal colony letting its fire spread into fla. If this storm doesn't do something my vacation is gonna suck.

The fire will stop when it hits the ocean....or hits a major city.

You need some of those smoke jumpers from out west. Good luck down there and be careful.

Just got back from my vacation in Central Florida. This was all over the news down there. No houses threatened that I saw on the News. Every morning you could smell it real good like it was up the block...didn't see it though...even from my airtran 717...